Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My First Date in Romania - Best of my Life!!

Hello Everyone,

I decided every week I gotta come up with a sweet subject for the weekly e-mail! I thought you would all like this one. And no worries mate! I keep them rules! 100% obedience. The date is referring to a BAPTISM DATE! The lady I was telling you about, Doamna Nina Ciobanu. I am so so so so excited for her. So we asked her to get baptized Christmas. She wanted her birthday January 11th. Then next day she called, and totally changed her mind and was so so set on Christmas. But she had to come to church twice so we said the 26th. Then we called her this past week and is back to the 11th because she is going out of town to "la tara" = countryside basically. I am so excited for her and it was such a good lesson we had with her.

So last week was a good one. Transfer week. New Elders and Sora coming in. So quick story. Basically, coolest Elder in the group under me that just came into the country. Elder Tefft...man. Lucky guy! He is called to Timisoara. And his 2nd day, baptizes a lady which is the only baptism for the mission last week. So crazy and awesome at the same time. Great story! Not my 2nd day but hopefully this, my 2nd transfer I will get a baptism with Doamna Ciobanu. Such a nice older lady and has had a tough life. Think I may have talked about it last e-mail. Dad left. Mom died when she was 6 months old. Brother was 3 at the time basically raised each other. Whoa mama. Some such sad and some crazy stories growing up in Romania.

Something awesome I found out about all the missionaries out in Romania and Moldova....Maybe not as much internationalism as Temple Square but a little. Sora Wilson from Australia. Sora Gogu from Moldova. Elder Bigu from Romania. My companion Elder Bateman, born in Romania but adopted young, grew up in Utah. Still....born in Romania. Elder Vekony from Hungary, speaks Hungarian, Russian, and now English and Romanian. Awesome missionary and missionaries. I love my mission so much.

Going through my week. Monday. Wanted to go out to Codlea to get Nativity sets for Elder Betteridge because he found out he was getting transferred but he found out his debit card expired. We never went out and did that. Instead just walked around Centru some. Then went to the church and played some ping pong, and even with a bad paddle I was able to beat him! He won I think the 4 other times. Then shopping and had a lesson with Daniel, the tourist guy, always playing counter-strike, anti-communist. He isn't reading, won't come back to church and I think we are going to drop him soon. :( Wish he wouldn't judge so quick about the church and some of the branch leaders. dar, asa este. (but, that's how it is)

Tuesday was a good day. Had a good lesson with Alexandru. We'll have to meet up with him after the holidays. He is heading out to UAE for some time. Son and Wife out there. Then really good, sad last lesson with Elder Betteridge at Doamna Ciobanu's. She cried as he left. And it was sad to see the next lesson....Friday with Elder Bateman and Marius she actually set a date and not with the missionary she was most attached with E. Betteridge. I'll miss him too. Finished up night with bloc knocking and got a couple potentials to return to.

Wednesday. Packed day for E. Betteridge's last one. Had one with Daniel...taught Gospel. He says he thinks the BOM is true and Joseph Smith had and did all he said he did, but he won't read nor pray about it. Nor come to church anymore. :( Then we went out to Sacele to try and see Dan and Mircea. Dan Hrica wasn't there. :( but Mircea was and we stayed there forever. Almost fell asleep. Such a warm room we were in and I didn't talk for a while because we also brought Marius adn he and Elder Betteridge talked a ton. Then in the evening, had good lesson with George, young guy, not going to go to BYU but just medical school somewhere in Romania. I really like him and he's way nice. Mom is kinda against it and Orthodox. Taught good Plan of Salvation lesson. Then last lesson with recent convert with Ivan. Good lesson about obedience, word of wisdom, and tithing. He is a really solid member and has the girl friend who got baptized the same day as he earlier this year.

Thursday up at 4:30 off to Bucuresti got there around 9:30. Just stood at the gara all day, got to know a couple Elders, never was able to see the new district they probably got to the gara really soon after we left at 4:00 pm back to Brasov arriving at 8:00. It was a good day though. Had Mcdonalds muffin and KFC chicken strips. Little jealous of Elder Ransom who is going to Orhei, Moldova. I want to serve there so bad. And it was so great to see Elder's from MTC District, all except Elder Lee who stayed in Bacau because his trainer wasn't getting transferred either. No lessons but a necessary day to change cities and companions. Coming back to Brasov was tough. Ton of bags and materials and packages from MOM and DAD yay!!!!!!!!! Got a ton of letters felt really bad. Fairwells, Family, Family, Marissa, Pres. Sosa. I love letters and reading them. Replying is the hard part. But I promise I will reply to all of you.

Friday good day and alright lesson with Daniel. Still not reading. and AWESOME!!! lessson with Doamna Ciobanu where she picked a date! YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Also every Friday is Weekly Planning and usually Thursdays is District Meeting, didn't have one this week.

Saturday. Lesson again with Nina Ciobanu. Set up baptismal calendar which we will now have to change. Needs to endure to the end and has lots of time for Satan to tempt her. :\ We all need to endure to the end in our lives. Saturday, or Friday our bathroom sink broke, one of the pipes and Saturday for a while felt like such a waste, Dan our proprieter came and fixed it with I think maybe his Dad or collegue. Then that night bloc knocking had a good lesson we found. Nicu in the blocks!

Sunday: Whew! Quite a stressed morning. Went with Ciobanu doamna and her brother to church. Her brother limps and walks super slow. Missed the bus and we were on other side of town where church is. I wanted to get to church extra early to practice piano and pick out hymns. uh....not the case. Got there 5 minutes before 10. Good though to go with the Ciobanu's. Church went well. Comprehension coming more and more each day. Studying hard. Rest of Sunday went well though. I played 3 of the 4 songs in the meeting and let's just say I could have done way way better. Oh well. I am trying and at least I can play. I think I might be the best we got....Good find in the blocks, Bogdon, younger guy and we need to follow up on him!

Studies. Jesus the Christ Chapter 32. And BOM and CLM, caught up to each other! 2 Nephi 26. yay. Started Ensign this week conference October talks - almost on Priesthood Session. Read a lot on the train to Cluj and next week I'll tell you more about the party and training we had. Good party and meeting. The CLUJ zone and ARAD. Saw Elder Mikolyski, Durand, and Pettit and new district Elder Tefft, Myers, Miner, and Hyatt. Good time.

I love you all so much. Thank you for your prayers and support. Through any and every way. Looking forward to talking to each and every one of you this Christmas Day. Christ lives. I know that without a doubt in my mind. We leave it out in the 1st Lesson but I love how Satan tried to stop Joseph Smith from reforming this church. He tried and failed. Why the heck would he try and stop something that isn't true and good?! I know this gospel is true and it truly has blessed my life. I love you all. I love my friends and family back home. I love missionary work. Despite it being tough. It is so rewarding.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment