Tuesday, July 17, 2012

One Minute.


A minute is not a whole lot of time, and it's sometimes hard to take advantage of all the little minutes that we are alloted. This past Saturday we had a fun activity creating new games and borrowing some from 'Minute to Win It.' If any of you have ever seen the tv show.  The activity went well and we had a good turnout. Things are slowly happening in Timisoara. Hard with lots of people gone for Summer, but they will return and we just keep on working and giving it our all. Things are going well with branch and city. All is well. I love it here and it's going to be tough leaving. Still making lots of memories and making the most of every minute that I am alloted here in Romania. We volunteered a couple times at the Red Cross this past week and that was fun, painting, setting and cleaning a tent. Going into the middle of town and setting up shop. Moving furniture and doing small odd jobs, serving in any way possible. English started up this past week. Good turnouts for all the classes for Tuesday. Advanced, seems like people don't want to make the step from Medium to Advanced. We only had 4 students and about 12-15 in Beginners and Medium. I love teaching advanced, but I want to speak Romanian! We speak English the whole time, I don't really understand why we would speak English at an English class...but it is what it is. Some Things I will just never understand. haha 
Happy 4th of July, America. A few people here said that to me...3 exactly actually. (they might have been the other missionaries) We had a good grill. James and Green had a Romanian-steak and Hosking too. And Bulloch had chicken while me and Ealy, we had a Romanian dish, called "mici" basically combo of pork and beef in a little rolled up cyclinder. size of an eggroll. Sent pictures. I burned all of them. I couldn't get the grill down...eh oh well. Help me out Dad! It was fun trying to grill them. Apparantly James cooked the other meat and they turned out perfectly...I did use the grill first and got the flames going and broke it in for him. First time use for that grill too. It was windy too. Then we played some card games. Ate some more, chips, bread, juice and then cleaned it all up! Great day.
Embarassing story playing basketball by the college complex here. Usually every Thursday we'll go over and play basketball with who ever is there and try and win. Well this last Thursday. So many people were there, none of the soccer people were there, and everyone that was there were all taller than us! These people were so good and we played a couple games and we just got killed. Me, James, and Green. Elder Ealy isn't much for sports, but loves watching. James was confident, but me and Green were talking and could tell we didn't stand a chance. It's simply been so long since I have actually played competetively, I can't guard someone tight and play tight-d. We played a game to 11 by 1's and 2's. We lost both games we played 11-5 :( Shame on the Americans.)  Almost every other time I have played basketball I haven't had to even try and I would win, no joke. These guys and girls as well were good! Rematch this Thursday. We will lose hopefully by 3 instead of 6. Our goal this week. I'll let you know what happens. 
Life is good. I am happy and content. I love the mission. Can't believe yesterday I hit 22 months out on the mish. The minutes just keep going by. You have a minute to win it! Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment