Monday, February 7, 2011

The First Reunited Ship!!

Hello!

My companion...I don't have to get to know him and get over all his quirks and little things here and there. I already know him! Elder Durand is awesome. We both want to get some work done and I have a good feeling about this transfer. We are being obedient and I know the Lord will bless us with success. I love it here in Timisoara. The city is HUGE! I think the 2nd or 3rd biggest in Romania! It has one of the biggest malls ever! Iulius! Go by it almost everyday. The branch is about the same as in Brasov and has lots of room to grow. Lots of members but lots of less-actives. I hope to find many investigators as well as reactivating the members who need the extra push and help. I am positive and I see a bright future ahead. "We can't change the past. We can remember or forget it. Learn from it. Live in the present. Look towards the future. Make the future what you want it, by living in the present." We make the day, week, transfer what we want it to be. You get out of it what you put into it.

Centru here is so pretty and I will take pictures today or sometime and try to send you some eventually! I apologize it's been awhile. I'll send you some today too! There is a huge church here in centru, tops the black church, but not the history of it. And there are lots of chruches here and there scattered throughout the city. We have church just in a house/villa. Hope to keep the branch growing and get a chapel! I love it here so much already. We are getting along great, Elder Durand and I. And it's weird I call all the shots throughout the day! :\ AH! But I stay confident. I know I am ready and I am excited to work together as a team to have success! The other Elders in my District - only two others(Zavala-last transfer! and Kopsa-out a year). I heard it was 12 Missionaries in the city at one point! Only about 95 missionaries in our mission! Was about 120 last year at this time! And I think in 2008 when Sora Andersen was here it was also pretty big. I was looking in the Area Book last Thursday when I saw her name! WHAT THE?! With Sora McKnight? and another companion I can't remember. Your city is in good hands. I am here now! No worries Kim! :)

It was a good end to the transfer with Elder Bateman in Brasov and a good start so far with Elder Durand here in Timi.

Monday: Had some pizza for lunch with the Sisters. Then went grocery shopping. Then we went over to Marius's. He is packed and set to go! Now is he is already in the MTC in PRESTON! WOW. He is already such a good missionary. doesn't even need the MTC. I am excited for him so much. After Marius's, went to the church and had Family Home Evening with Alecu and Adrian and Teo and Levi. Invited Victor, but he didn't show. Hopefully he'll come to church soon! Elder Bateman and the new companion will take care of Brasov, I know they will. We had a really good Restoration lesson with Adrian, he is such a jokester, but I think just with time and hanging around Alecu, Levi, and Teo he'll realized the importance of our message.

ALSO. Zone Leaders called us Monday. And some quite big news. For the Cluj Zone...(inclusiv Cluj-Napoca, Sibiu, and Brasov) for the month of January we had the most lessons with a member present in the HISTORY OF THE ROMANIA MISSION! Now 18 years old! Elder Bateman and I had 5 member presents which is above the standard of excellence for the mission (4). Hope to continue that in TIMISOARA! Break the Arad ZONE! (Arad, Timisoara, Deva, and Oradea)

Tuesday: Good day. :) Bought train tickets. Then had a lesson with baptismal date Mircea, he will be pushed back a week, but we had a good lesson on the Word of Wisdom and knows and WANTS to be baptized! Also went over the interview questions with him. Then had a lesson with less-active Fratele Vasile Manea. He will not come to church! UGH! Just offended and doesn't like the branch members, few of them. Get over your self Brother! Get to church! I know he is free every Sunday. Retired. He needs to go! I got his address and he wants me to write him. He writes a lot of missionaries, esp. Sisters that frist taught him. After him we tried to visit some other investigators but no luck. I called a couple and said good bye. Mihai-mici! George-english. Eddy and Alex-nigerian bros. Ioan-eng. Then we went to the church for going away party for Marius on his mission. Good turnout from the branch. Said goodbye to everyone. I'll really miss the branch a lot and can't wait to visit again. During or post mission. And a couple activities I never got to do that I want to do. Maybe When my parents visit and pick me up. I'll take them up to Brasov. My boboc transfers. (boboc - baby duck/greenie/first transfer) After party, went and had a good lesson FINALLY with Doamna Ciobanu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADE THE TRANSFER! IT had been so long since she has been home when we visited or wanted to visit. I hope it just wasn't because I was leaving! She still wants to be baptized though! Just health problems. Elder Betteridge has sent her two letters already! I need to too! I will miss her and I really hope she will get baptized soon.

Wednesday: woke up...4am! WHAT THE?! train at 530 to bucharest, got there at 920 and spent the day at the gara and in Bucharest. Our train to Timisoara - a sleeper train was at 11 pm! SCUTESTE-MA!!!!!!!! Got to TIMI at 730 Thursday morning. I loved seeing all the MTC group. We left around lunch time to go and get our vizas. But they only last a year so we'll have to get another one sometime. Had some breakfast at McDonalds. Loved seeing EVERYONE. Spent a lot of time with Elder Betteridge, it was awesome to see him. He was on our train to Timisoara. He is my Zone Leader (in Arad) MTC Companion - Elder Mikolyski, Elder Green, Elder Nelson, Elder Newrow, Elder Fonnesbeck. And for the first time in 3 months! ELDER LEE! I want to serve with him so much! I love Elder Lee! And my fellow Senior Companions Elder Nilsson with Elder Miner (2nd Transfer) and Elder Pettit with Elder Horgmo (2nd transfer) Then I later saw Elder James in the day too and in the metro. I helped Elder Lee off to Constanta, almosted missed their bus! and I helped Elder Bateman with his boboc! Elder Eckersly on the train to Brasov! Talked with people. Then went contacting with Elder Durand a little in Buc. Then finally our train time comes.

Coming into the city, early Thursday morning. So tired! Didn't get much sleep on the train. Woke up a lot. And it's tight space. And wasn't the smoothest ride. I did fine. Morning at apartment. Cleaned it up. Then went and contacted in Centru. Bought abonament. Went to church. And did some blocs!

Friday: Contacting. Lesson - she didn't show up :( Then lunch, weekly planning, went to a street, did a bloc, had dinner at Sora Gabi's and shared short message from Preach My Gospel. Then blocs.

Saturday: English, teaching medium, and not beginners like in Brasov. It's a little different but I like it. Then we had a good lesson with Anne, about Restoration. In Romanian and English. Then lunch. Then visted a former, but didn't answer. Did blocs and streets in the area and got TWO lessons in the blocs. First one went really well and got phone number and plan on coming back next week. Feel good about that couple and one daughter - 12. And an interesting chat/lesson with their neighbor downstairs. Not too much potential but we'll try.

Sunday: Church went well. I bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting. In Sunday School had good lesson about John 3 and 4 from the New Testament. Priesthood-Elder Zavala taught about obedience and baptism. Then lunch. Then another former. She wasn't home. Knocked bloc in the area but no luck. :(

It was a slow first week but I am looking forward to this week. There is so much potential all around the world. And I know there are ready people here in Timisoara! I can't wait to find them! I love you and hope you have a good week.

For behold the afield is white already to bharvest; and lo, he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in cstore that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

It's ready.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment