Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween, Interviews, Old Friends

This past week went well for myself. Last monday we went delivering treats to some members, kinda sprinkling but went in and out of semi solid rainfall. not downpour. or pouring. or sheets. cats and dogs. or as i say, "buckets" of rain. Just slightly more than a pleasant drizzle. If you understand. It was enough rain to walk around in about 30 minutes, trying to find a member or two and getting soaked in the meantime because I did not want to use my umbrella, my hands were already full carrying the brownies, a book of mormon and a bible and i couldn't afford the umbrella. Not too fitting for the situation. But I survived and haven't really had much of occasion to get soaked in my freshly dry cleaned suit. But all in all, and honestly the suit I was wearing. I have two, blue and black. Got the black one dry cleaned and it was in need of a wet-clean. Anyways, that was a good night and it was enjoyable visiting and getting lost trying to find the wonderfully planned out addresses in this beautiful city of Arad. You don't even know. Some numbers/letters/symbols...ok no symbols. But they follow usually no pattern at all!!!!!!!!!!!! Frustrating, but I have gotten pretty good at finding addresses. I just think about it logically where I would think it would be and just go the opposite direction and I have doubts that it never works, but it always does. I do love this country so much of Romania. It is so different here in Banat (timisoara, arad) comparing to Ardeal (brasov) and Oltenia (bucuresti) I love the west of the country. Arad and Timisoara might be my favorites. But we'll see. 
I was sick after my stroll in the rain, my sinuses are normal and vitals, normal and all back to good health. :)
Started up english this week and that went alright. Not the best turn out for medium class but beginner was well for the Sisters. And the advanced class is about the same for the McFaddens. Hopefully one of our referrels we contacted from the office will go somewhere. He is interested in English and reading from the Book of Mormon. haven't met with him, but he came to the first English class and I thought he enjoyed it. We will have to see how he is doing and try to set up this week. He has some potential and also one of his neighbors we were talking to for a while, she might go somewhere too.
This past week was frustrating in the fact that none of the 8 solid investigators that we have couldn't meet up. It's very frustrating. But that just means me and Elder Schanck, we have to keep working and find new investigators. We have good relationships with most of the members and need to try and seek out their friends if they will listen to our message. Lots of finding and contacting people. With winter coming in, we will be in the blocs a lot. And doing vilas still. And contacting people on the street. This part of the country is great, because people will stop on the street, there is simply no excuse that we do not have investigators to regularly meet with and talk to. 
Last night we had a good visit with Paul. From Timisoara, lived in the states for a long time. And he came to church last week. I met with him a couple times in tTmisoara, now he lives here and we are working with him. Great older guy, just some issues he is still stuck on in the past. Great guy though. We'll see.
It was great to visit Timisoara for an exchange with Elder Nemrow, I loved our two exchanges we had in Constanta and he followed me over to the west side of the country. We visited with Ana, she is doing well. Irina, mom of a member that I used to work with. Said she'd come to church. Two younger girls, very religious, interested in English, and the Book of Mormon as well. And then visited Sora Gabi there, a member. We got a lot done and hoping Elder Nemrow will be able to meet with all those people too. It was a full busy day and I always love going back to that city. I know I don't serve there anymore, but I can still love it. Right now I am blooming where I was planted nearly two months ago. Arad!
Last friday with the young single adults and other members that felt like coming. there was a great turnout for the Halloween party for the ysa. Lots of nonmembers, friends of the youth. At that same time, Assistants, President, and Sora Hill were here doing interviews, so I missed out in the party but interviews were great. I love the Assistants, Newton and Finch. And Sora and President Hill are great. So loving and kind and sincere people. It was great to visit with them for the little time we spent.
Then yesterday was a great Sunday. Pres. Banatean. Newly called Branch President conducted beautifully the meeting. I played the piano as the pianist was not there. But he did a great job. For the combined 5th sunday lesson Elder McFadden did really well. Talking about the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood. I helped translate for him and we gave out oil to those who didn't have it. And also we consecrated and set apart the oil. Lots of members have the Priesthood and we wanted to encourage them to realize they have it. The blessings they can receive having it and to USE it! It was a great Sunday.
I hope all of you are doing well. Have a wonderful week with work, school, family, friends, and life's activities. This week was pretty uneventful here in Arad. but I am trying my hardest and I know I can be trying even harder. Heart. Might. Mind. Strength. 

Work.



No comments:

Post a Comment