Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall General Conference

It was a great week this past week. Just a full breakfast and lunch of the good word of God. I love General Conference and was grateful I was able to view about half of it. Both morning sessions. And half of Priesthood session. Some great talks and great words were said. I think Robert D. Hales really hit me hard and so many ways I can relate his message for the people here in Romania. It's a great question of life about sufferings, challenges and concerns. I loved hearing the scriptures quotes such as Mosiah 2:17 Service. And Mosiah 3:19 about becoming as a child and putting off the natural man. A constant theme, as well as Proverbs 3:5-6. I recommend to all of you. To listen to the talk about the Book of Mormon in the Sunday Morning Conference. Tad R. Callister. Super good. Can't wait for them to be translated and put on the dvds to be sent to us here in Romania. So many people need to hear those messages that were given. We need to preach His gospel.
It was a great week for me here in Arad. Zone Conference went really well. Our presentation went well along with the other zone leaders. A bit from the Assistants and President and Sora Hill. It was a great week and lots of great words given to us from our leaders. Still just working hard and talking to people everyday, inviting to come closer to Jesus Christ. It has been a tough one here in Arad for my first transfer but I have built some good relationships with the members and trying to find the lambs and feed the sheep. All these members are recent converts. I would say 99 percent here in Romania. I love all of them and look up to all the members here. I try not to judge but just love them. It's hard when you know exactly how it needs to be run and want to just do it, but you can't. Just support and try and help them out the very best I can. And that is through service and teaching the word of God to them. I love this work so much and it's not about the numbers at all, but about God's children and loving every single one of them. Everyone is at a different stage and they all need our help. They simply don't understand. I love getting to know random people in parks, sitting with them on a bench, knocking on their door, and stopping people on the street. Some days are tough and I don't want to do it. But I just do it. There's no secret of making it easier-to talk to a random stranger-but to simply do it. I love this work and want everyone to be as happy as I am. Living the Gospel and following Christ. I love my job so much and I love the people of Arad. 
Hope you all had a great week. I love you all. Be a good example.


No comments:

Post a Comment