Monday, September 26, 2011

Make Time For Studies

Some of the downs of all these exchanges with other missionaries 100 miles away, usually less, is that time is lost. You can't help it. It's tough contacting up and down the train wagons, only so many people. And while driving in the car while passing a semi giving them something to read. It's tough, not impossible. Trust me. Just tough. ;) haha. Something is good though is going through past investigators and calling them up. I can't do it driving so I put my companion on it and call away. Not a waste of time at all. Because normally we would be at home doing it. Nothing really different than in the car. But what I wanted to say about driving time, travel, and changes in schedules. Is some days I lose my studies! One of the many things I have learned on my mission is a appreciation for the scriptures. People can tell you what every verse means and read it to you. Have manuals and pictures. And movies. But nothing compares with just reading the scriptures and preferably, "studying" the scriptures. Often times I do read the scriptures, but studying them is where it's at. I love the scriptures so much and I love that time set apart everyday for us to read from them. The scriptures are so true and we can always learn something from them and they have all the answers for all the questions we would ever have in life. I love the Book of Mormon. Old Testament. New Testament. Doctrine and Covenants. and Pearl of Great Price. Make time to study the scriptures everyday. Even if you work all day. There is always time to read from the scriptures. You can't make excuses. There is always free time in anyone's day. Anyone and everyone. Even me.

It was a good week this past week here in the beautiful city of Arad. Great weather. Hot during the days about 80-90s but at night it is beautiful and cools down quite a bit. Fall is finally coming. About time! Not a whole lot of investigators here but we are working with some great people that need this message so much. A younger and cool guy named Darius. I like him a lot. Been a while since we met with him and hopefully he is still interested. Another investigator left for a month to work in Italy. Another, a husband of a member is kinda not interested because she is gone in America working. Talked to him a few times and he has some potential. Here in a Arad. Not a whole lot going for us. But we keep on working. Knocking on doors. Talking to people on the street. In the parc. And English class. Not to strong this session, but hopefully we'll get some interest from it. Just keep on trucking.

Had a great exchange with the District Leader companionship in Oradea. Drove up there after English Tuesday night and we had a great exchange all of Wednesday. Then we stayed the night again Wednesday night and drove back down Thursday morning. I was with Elder Barney. A great elder and he is really good at the language. He's 2 transfers behind me (6th) and then my companion Elder Schanck went with his boboc/trainee Elder Taylor. He is also a great missionary and doing well at the language for his first transfer. Oradea is one of the strongest branches in the mission and I am hoping to be able to serve there. Branch President is awesome. Met him and a couple other members. And then Friday was driving! We went over to Deva and did a baptismal interview for a young woman (17) who got baptized last Saturday. She is a great girl and has lots of faith. It was a great interview and I could really feel the help of the Spirit guiding the conversation and my words. Baptism went well and she was confirmed just yesterday in church.

All in all, I am loving life even if it appears I don't have any success at all. As long as I have no regrets and know I tried my hardest and work with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I know I will have success in my eyes and in God's eyes. Just maybe not in others' eyes. I love you all and thank you for your support and prayers. I love my family so much. Dad and Mom. Shelby. Garrett. Marissa. Grant. and Caleb. I love you. Have a great week.

Zone Conference for me here in Arad. All the missionaries are coming to me! From Arad, Oradea, Deva, Timisoara, Brasov, Sibiu, and Cluj-Napoca. Looking forward to it and to my and Elder Schanck's presentation. You are all invited! Just call me when you fly in, drive in, or arrive. Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. All are invited. (Every member a missionary.)

Make time for studies.

Millie! I love you and hope you have a great birthday this Thursday! Big 1. Loves.


No comments:

Post a Comment