Monday, September 12, 2011

Week Full of Service

I love service. Nothing better than to forget about yourself and serve others. Lots of fun. Didn't capture any of the acts, but you can take my word it all happened. Or did it? But first off, being an awesome week because I went to my city!!!!!!!! TIMISOARA. Oh, how I missed you so. It was great to meet up with a few past investigators. And see some of the members. I love that city so much for some reason. And it felt so good to be there after about 3 months of being away, I bet after I leave Arad, I'll never be able to go back again. But we'll see. I'll just finish the rest of my mission here in Arad, I really wouldn't mind that. I'll talk to Prez. But yeah, it was a good exchange with the District Leader there. Elder Schanck went with Elder Nemrow. And I went with a new missionary Elder McCombs and I like him a lot. Great missionary and still learning the language. Great desire and attitude about everything. I love exchanges so much and get to help other missionaries and they help me as well at the same time, trying to figure out what works for me and how I can be better. All about progression throughout our lives. Not a competition, some just learn faster than others. Can't be always comparing ourselves with others. Should be comparing ourselves with ourselves. I like the transfer period of 6 weeks, because every transfer I want to be better and see all that I did and just keep on trucking and progressing to be a better missionary. I'll never get it perfect, but I will manage. This week for an exchange we are headed to Deva! The car is there now, so i'll drive back to be here in Arad and then go back again to pick up Elder Schanck and back, I think about 2.5 hour drive. With me driving...probably 1. I do obey the laws, don't worry. Just time somehow slows down? I don't really know how I get everywhere so quick. Actually I feel bad, I got going so fast sometimes when driving from Bucuresti to Constanta, don't judge me. I just follow the car in front of me and then look down at the odometer, and just like ah crap. Gotta slow down! No tickets though and don't plan on it. All about not only defensive driving, but smart driving if you know what I mean. I love driving. Haha Back to service, people! It's awesome and every week you should be giving service! Especially as missionaries, you'll have such better weeks and you will be so much happier. I am really happy from giving service. After our exchange in Timisoara, that next day we went over to a member's house kinda over by the church west side of Arad, close to the airport (google map that!) And it is a nice vila that she lives in and we just went to town! Picking grapes for about an hour and a half! Killing flies and wasps. Elder Schanck got stung. We filled up so many of those containers! sheesh. The member is an older lady and she has 4 children. One is a member that lives other side of town. 2 others somewhere in Arad. And her son lives with her, we are working with him and he is so close to baptism. Might be heading out to Italia for a bit. And his wife is interested as well along with their daughter. And the sisters are working with them as well. And another member was over there Grandma's niece. But there were 7 of us out there in the courtyard type thing and just picking grapes. We did it with our hand for a little bit, we wouldn't pick individual grapes, but we would pick the whole...ah can't think of the word in english!!!!!!! whole bushel of grapes? the...mass of grapes...bundle...something of grapes. Anyways. We picked a lot of grapes and then later that day we went to recent converts house husband, wife, and daughter are all members and helped them paint a room in their house adn then to put together thier bed, and a desk, later when we left and the next days they put together a dresser and closet type thing. Really nice furniture and it was fun putting the desk together with no instructions. Two easy. Then also we volunteered at this shelter place where missionaries in the past would volunteer, we are trying to set up a schedule to go every week or so, when she needs us. That's a great story another day. Ask me about it sometime. It's about the senior couple that just got in two weeks ago - the McFaddens. Still helping them out a lot, I am them computer man and we are working on getting conference and trying somehow to hook it up to the tv. Project for my free time. I love them a lot, served us breakfast this week again. They are too nice. And last Saturday we had a good branch activity with lots of pizza, snacks, drinks, and free getting beat in ping pong by me. I lost one game, tired of winning I guess. Just kinda a natural thing I have to stop winning every now and again. Let other people feel the glory. But yeah, it was a good activity. Sam, we gotta play ping pong! I think it'll be about 3 years till that happens. Anyways. Activity was good, some less actives came out and glad they were there. Then yesterday church is always good and I love going. Pres Geambasu (1st counselor in district presidency) came down, always loved it when he would come when I was in Timisoara. But he gave a great talk. He knows what he's talking about and it's really important for him to come and correct how things run with new members and branch leaders. I like him a lot. And all in all it was a great week. I love this work and have need or more investigators here in Arad. Working with branch members and their families and hopefully we'll see some success from that this transfer. People are really close here. Especially where we went and did service for the grapes. I love it here in Arad and looking forward to do all that I can to help the branch here in anyway I can. I love you all and hope you have a great week. I will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment