Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Miss the Boboc Days

It was a great week ending in Mihai Bravu and beginning here in Arad. I arrived here Thursday morning and I love it here so much. The McFaddens (Senior Couple) were going to come up with us on the same train, but they stayed one more night in Bucuresti and came up on Friday morning. It was a lot of fun taking them around. They just arrived in the country Tuesday and haven't even been here a week. It was in the sense that everything that they saw and what not, it was all new to them. And I don't know. I loved those first few weeks, getting adjusted to the area and country. It's funny and amusing to me. That's why I love young companions, when something happens and it's just crazy and so bizarre for them, but for me it's just everyday stuff. I love new missionaries when they come into the country. With the Howell's leaving to Ploiesti, the McFaddens took their apartment. They live pretty close to us. Getting off the train that came late on Friday, we took two taxis to our apartment. Then discussed stuff. Went and had lunch. They met up with the propiertara (landlady) Talked with her for a while at their apartment. Then back to our apartment, brought over all the luggage and other things for them, printer, appliances and what not. Then after that, did some shopping with them. And took up our whole day. And I am grateful I have been blessed to know Romanian. I couldn't do it. 3rd day in the country and all on your own with another boboc. Although it would be the best companion in the world, it'd be tough having no idea where anything is and not really being able to communicate. But it's easier here in Romania, lots of the younger generation know English and even the older one. But still, it would be tough. I love the McFaddens a lot they are a great couple and want to help out here in Romania. They have 7 kids, 15 grandkids and soon to be 17 total. They are awesome. I like them a lot and it's going to be a fun transfer with them. Elder McFadden is so funny. They had us over with the Sisters this morning to have breakfast. Too kind. They are from Utah.
My companion is awesome! I love him a lot. Elder Schanck. He is a great missionary. We get along great and things are going well here in Arad and in the Arad zone. I am looking forward so much to this transfer and trying to work our hardest and making a difference. I love this work and I love the west. The church is true. I know it.
Busy week traveling and getting settled in, but getting ready to put the pedal to the medal. Using members more and more. And building the church! It's gonna be a great week this week. Going down probably to Timisoara on an exchange. I wish I had longer than 24 hours to try and visit everyone! It's going to be awesome! From the time I left 3 months ago, there have been 2 baptisms. No one I found or worked with I think. Not too sure. But I hear they are doing really well the missionaries, branch, city in general.
I love Arad. Everyday this is going to happen. Alma 8:5


No comments:

Post a Comment