Monday, September 19, 2011

Called to Romania

So while at a member's home with her son and his basically wife and daughter I was learning some Hungarian, but I can't do that! Haha, I want to really bad so I can talk with them, but I know I still need to work on Romanian. But I know if I am to serve in Moldova (Chisinau or Orhei) I am going to learn some Russian even if I didn't want to. I'll stick with Romanian for now and maybe after I get home I'll pick up the Hungarian. I hear with Finnish they are the two hardest languages to learn in Europe. Too many languages! I just need the language of the Spirit and I am good. I was though seriously considering it, buying some Hungarian grammar books and starting from the basics but I reconsidered and know I need to study Romanian. Dont' worry. I think I am ok at Romanian and people can understand me and just call me Romanian all day, but I can always get better (although I just don't know how...hmmm gotta think outside the box and probaby just read the dictionary) But anyways I am not the best at all. Although I do love those compliments when they say I don't have an accent at all. They are like what the? How do you know more words than me in my own language? Just daily occasions I always look forward to. Anyways. I stay humble. Most humble person you will ever meet.
That family is kinda close to baptism, that we are working with. They simply need to understand the basics. It's kinda hard because we aren't always trying to push baptism but his mom is always pushing it! Hai hai hai! (or let's go!) Get baptized already. Sheesh lady, it's his choice. Just take it easy! But they aren't married with an eleven year old daughter. So....uh they need to get married first. Living under the same roof. But we are still workign with them, meeting about once or week, they are regularly at church.
Met an awesome family on an exchange with Elder Nelson who is serving in Deva (wow he's been there 6 months! was there since I was in Timisoara) But we had a busy exchange knocking on vilas and found a really open and nice family that live not too far from us. I love the people that God puts in your path. I know in daily plans you have to be specific so God knows your plans and can help you out throughout your day. But like for our exchange, we were general and just said we wanted to go knock in the vilas. And I chose the street. And we find these awesome people. Huge family and lots of kids and grandkids. We are taking it slow with them. Just met them and want them to really understand. Hopefully they will go somewhere.
We met with an investigator. Really cool younger guy. Just needs to keep reading and pray about it to get a testimony. He's really cool and likes to hang out and play some ping pong.
Other than that is was a good week. This week we are heading up to Oradea for an exchange with the District Leader up there. Elder Barney. And then actually going out to Deva again just for a baptismal interview for a youth girl getting baptized this saturday. She's 17 and super solid I hear. I'll meet her this week and tell you how it goes! Yay!
Zone Conference next week here in Arad. Everyone is coming to us. No travel for us here.
Be strong and of good courage. Joshua in the old testament is the best and I wonder if it was sometimes necessary to conquer all those nations, but it's the past and you can't change it. I love that phrase though repeated in the first chapter. Be strong and of good courage. For the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Never be dismayed, discouraged, or afraid. God is always with you. Find comfort in that phrase and be a little more stronger and be more courageous. I love you all and hope you have a great week because I will too.


No comments:

Post a Comment