Friday, May 25, 2012

The Past is Behind Us!

What's done is done, and all we can really do is learn from it, fix the mistakes we can, and do better next time. Life goes up and down, and we can't only dwell on the good times in the past, thereby inhibiting our growth and future lives. Of course, what happens in the past is very important and we learn so much from it, but we need to make the future. We won't be making any good future of ours, only just talking and thinking about oh how good it was back in the day. We have to live in the present, doing what we need to do now so that we can make the future what we want, and making it what it was in the past. So many people dwell on the past and can't move on. There was a great lesson I learned when I was in Bucuresti the second time around and that is from another missionary, who is from the Republic of Moldova. Past, Present, and Future. All are important. But I would say the present in the most important. The past is gone, learn from it. The present is here, live it. And the future is coming, prepare for it. Time is a valuable thing for sure. Make the most of everyday and make the change, if you can. You can't control everything, but you just have to meet the trails and problems of life with positivity and hope. You CAN control how you react and how you think.
Things are going well here in Timisoara. Nothing is perfect, but it's on its way to perfection. I love Timisoara so much. It's such a beautiful city, and so many nice and open people. The members here are awesome. And there is hope. It is never lost. I have my work cut out for me and I am simply trying to do my best. I want to leave this place, better than I found it and with the help of other missionaries and others it'll happen. We meet with a few investigators, but they aren't quite as interested as when I was here a year ago. This Saturday, we were up in Oradea for a training and I got a lot out of it. Hope for the future. A vision.
Life is great. I love my companion and my District is great. Lots of help from others and it makes it a lot easier.
Anything is possible, and nothing is ever too hard to accomplish. I hope you all are doing great. Take care this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment