Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 2 and a Day!

Hello Everyone!!!
I love you and wish I had more than stinkin 30 minutes to type everything I want to say to all of you but unfortunately I don't get that much time. And please excuse all my mistakes. Please don't write long e-mails because I can't read them all. Only glance. Dad, the prophet was great. Marissa, good job. Mom, you too. I wish I had more time. Why do these years fly by??!!?!? Sheesh. IT was a great week since I last e-mailed. Excited to get out of this "prison" not really and get to start the real work out there.
Some of the meetings don't quite have the right message about why we are doing this. I remember Monday in a LGM, large group meeting. The speaker talked about how we are trying to "sell" baptism. He quoted how Pres. Hinckley said we should double our numbers from 300,000 to 600,000. Whew! My mind is always racing as you know. I think too much!
We want others to be happy, but we can't make others accept it. They have to choose it. We already know they chose it in the pre-existence, but sometimes they don't know they have chosen it before. The forgot when they came into this world. We have to remind them that they have chosen the truth.
With time. Time will tell. Take your time.
Rest of my P-day went excellent. Too many letters to reply to. Marissa. Mom. Dad. Shelby. Caleb. Laurel. Belinda. Freeze's. Snow's. AND ALSOOO!!!!!!!!
Greg's address. Please ask them what their address is. I got a "return to sender!!!!" eeekkkkkk. that came today.
Friday was great. I just learned more about the language. It's not easy. It's getting really hard.
past present and future tense.
subjunctive. accusative. possession. definization. pluralization.
it doesnt have like a word for "the" so it just depends.
feminine or masculine, or singular and plural. lots of combonations.
The English language is WAYYYY harder though.
My teachers- Miles and Irion are great. I love them!
Saturday was good as well. nothing really to report.
Sunday seems really slow but that's ok. I kick myself for the fact that I could have been singing int he Priesthood session this conference but I am not sure i would have made it because I really dont have that much experience compared to a lot of other guys here.
It's alright....SOMEDAY....me and Sam will play the organ for a session of conference and I might get the chance to translate.
You can hear recording of two of the taechers here on www.lds.org
One is mine. Frate Irion. and another Sora Petrisor! Aweosme. And Jepsen and Miles are doing this session. Watched the movie The Testaments and I loved it.
So Monday, we had that LGM, a stake president in the valley, not sure where. Beginning was kinda like a sales pitch but later on it was a lot better. Everything I have been studying has been referring to MY PURPOSE!! It is to INVITE others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ through Faith, Repentance, Baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. That last part is the most important and will determine our reward in heaven.
Also I taught with my Elder Mikolyski in the TRC. It was a really great experience. Taught one of my teacher's old companion in Romania. It was really great. and i could feel the Spirit. Said some things I wasn't sure if I should have but tried to teach with the Spirit. ONE of my top goals this week.
Tuesday was good. Devotional was from the Elder Paul V. Johnson, from the 1st quorum of the 70. Gave a great talk. He gave lots of scriptural references. We learn things and taech things about the spirit by HAVING the spirit. His wife also gave a great talk about having the great attitude while we are on our missions. Something I perhaps need to work on.
Wednesday. Just learned and studied more. Taught Frate Miles (Frate = brother; sora = sister; elder = elder) the first lesson. we were rushed but said everything that we wanted to. Then later that day we taught Frate Middleton the 2nd lesson. Plan of Salvation and I thought it went well. I didn't say much but I tried to ask good questions as I would a normal investigator and try to act like it was the real thing.
Thursday. The temple was great. loved it. 5th time. still not memorized. love the Spirit there and it is my favorite part of my week. Truly it is.
I really love to see the temple. :)
Some things I wanted to say. Mom no need for the 4 pack books. Not worth the trouble really and I'll live with out the cookie-cutter missionary pack everyone else has.
Gym has been really fun. Everyday but Sunday and P-Day. Been playing 4-Square. They kicked us off of 9-Square. I still would play it but other missionaries are more obedient. Eh....
THAT is crazy what the Stake President said about me in Ward Conference. I still can't believe it. Very humble right now.
Sorry if I wasn't too specific. Slowest typer in the world right here!
I love you.
Dad
Mom
Shelby and Josh And Aubrey
Garrett and Kristi and Brodie and Elsie
Marissa
Grant
Caleb
I love love love you.
Love,
Elder Schroedter

No comments:

Post a Comment