Monday, November 29, 2010

Zone Conference - an awesome week!!

Hello one and all,

Another great week in Brasov. Really cooled down all week and then today it's Spring time?! What the?! Really warm. But a nice brisk/cool wind. I love it outside. Beautiful.

So this week....real quick for Marissa. Major events: No hike up to the Hollywood/ "BRASOV" sign. :( (Next week I'll include a pic of that) Nice walk passing frisbee on last P-day. Shopping. Cleaning. Travel out to a small town to Budila. Whew. Glad I am still alive, hehe, just kidding MOM. Fine. Coach 1st class travel out to these towns, don't worry. :D English class - awesome! Wednesday: Snowed a little bit. Hand about to freeze! Lessons not really a lot worked out. Thurs: Out to city Codlea, further into the depths of Transilvania. (BTW, Brasov is in Transilvania, don't think I ever said that.) At Codlea, picked up Nativity sets 100 bucks! 300 ron. 5 sets for mission president and a couple other missionaries. Got a sweet magnet of the Nativity. They call in the Birth of the Lord I think (Nasterea Domnului) Then we got our train to BUCURESTI. Late. Left at about 645. got in at 1020 or so. Stayed in Hotel Ibis right by the gara/train station. Then Zone Conference next morning. Awesome to see brethren in the Lord. Alma 17:2-3!!!! Elder Mikolyski - MTC Companion (not in one of the 3 zones for the conference but helping out, he had a baptism after his ZC the next day, last SATURDAY!) . Elder James. Elder Nemrow (in zone) and Elder Nilsson. 2 baptisms this past week. Few set up for this week. Work is going well in Romania and Moldova. Could go better ALWAYS especially in Brasov. After ZC went to gara. Read all letters I got. THANK YOU THANK YOU. Got back, Sibiu Elders stayed over with us then left the next morning. English Saturday for a Spiritual thought I played Our Savior's Love while Elder Betteridge sang. Went well. I messed up a couple times, but I know they all felt the Spirit. Next day, Church went well. Said opening prayer. Messed up a little bit. But that's what learning IS! "If I never messed up I would never be where I am today and where I will be tomorrow." Copyright Elder Schroe. :P

All is well in Israel. Wish people would get more interested!!!!!! Lots of people setting up lessons and not coming. Losing interest. Not showing up. Keeping commitments. Constant contact and INVITE. That's all we can do and also testify! Let your light so shine!

So random things I wanted to include in last week's e-mail...but didn't and other random things I wrote down to talk about. (Marissa: Sis. Paravatto that Elder Schafer in SIBIU knows who is serving in TEMPLE SQUARE. :))

Ton of cars in Buc. Not so much in Brasov but still A TON! European brands. and a ton of BMW and VWs. Really nice ones, american sized, and then the tiny sized one. I love all the cars and everybody parks on the sidewalk. I didn't know they did that, but whatever. hehe. Funny. No parking really. Just sidewalks. Kidding kidding.

For my blog I wanted to say some thing but i forget now. eh....don't worry about if it's a hassle. People even read it....oh now I remember haha, funny how that works. say you forget, then you remember. CHECK out Sora LUNDBERG's blog about Romania and her experiences. NO idea about what website it is...

I love the Romanian people. So great, every single one of them. And it's great, only concerned and only really know about life in their little town (Budila, Sacele, or Codlea) I love them more and more each day and like Moroni says, I ask for Charity everyday.

The city of Brasov is great. Our bloc/apartment we stay in is kinda old but the city is always bustling. Traffic all night it seems like. Always people going here and there and I like it. I love taking the buses around. Haven't had a WAY crowded one yet, i guess it can always get more crowded but we've been close and I guess the door could barely close. That count as crowded?

Gypsies. It's sad. Just read this morning in Jesus the Christ. Jews and the Samaritans. Romanians and Gypsies. Just classifying. Given of course, most are beggars and want money, there are those awesome ones you meet and are great people. They are people too. I love them and sometimes will give the kids and parents food. Not a whole lot in Brasov really. Out in Budila there are though. Outer cities is where you find them in this area of the country. Buc has the most.

City is fairly clean, lots of trash and cigarettes on the ground.

McDonalds and KFC are REALLY nice restaurants and pretty expensive here!

Ambulences...oh my gosh. At least one or two a day. Last week, counted probably 5 in a day. Just something funny I noticed. When I hear it I just say to Elder Betteridge, "Everyday." and smile. Just wanted you to know that. Thank you. :)

Elevators in the blocs are super sketchy. Quite dodgy! If i were Elder ....i forget his name, Elder Betteridge served with him. Sora Fraser, or in my District Sora Walker. It's life though and they all work - the ones I have been in. Bloc right my the church you could fit 4 people in it barely and those were really nice, in our apartment, just two people.

And one last thing, everybody and their dog and cat smoke and everyone drinks. :( Cuvantul de intelepciune. Word of Wisdom!!!!

MY WEEK!!!!!!

basically raining/drizzling/snowing all week. not a real snow but wet and damp...then today it was really nice.

(time constraints, gotta finish up here pretty fairly quick, just a quick run down, if you are curious, and a couple good stories here and there...)

Last Monday went well. Finished e-mail, then ate at KFC I think. Had the blazin' boxmaster, pretty good. Not worth the price though. Oh well. Money is money. Then went on our hike. Wanted to go to tampa but tram wasn't running. Just couple months ago, Sora Puckett went, I think because winter time, no idea. Little sad, just walked down a path, throwing and losing the frisbee down the hill, just walking. Taking pictures. then went to Kaufland to go shopping. did all that. Back to the apartment. Unpacked and cleaned up. vacuumed and what not. Then off to the church for two lessons. Both of which did not work out. :( Codrut and Elvis (American) so we knocked a bloc by the church (with nicer elevators) went home and made area book calls.

Tuesday. Studies. Area calls and calls with possible lessons. Then out to Budila! YAY. Favorite story of the week.*** so basically, we go to the store PROFI, and lots of guys just standing around outside the store, cars in parking lot. I'll take a pic. But we go up to guy and ask if anyone is going out to Budila like 10 km away or so. We wait, he's in the store, we get in his car. And it's the oldest car ever! stick shift. Thought it was going to fall apart and my seat was super sketch. Anyways, we are going slowly....then on the main road he sees a cop, so he turns around and goes this super long way! to avoid the cop. Because the cop could pull him over and give him a ticket for basically being a taxi without have a taxi car. I don't know why. It's uh illegal I guess. ;) but we made it to Budila. finally maybe 15 minute car ride. Had funny/good lesson with Moise and neighbor Cladiu. want to build a church out there. Used to go to Baptist church only because they would pick them all up. Cladiu is pretty sincere. Good potential with him. Then lesson done. They gave us some mineral water, not my favorite at all, but not a problem to drink. doesn't quench my thirst for sure! Coming back to brasov, met cool taxi man, Gigi, couldnt meet this week, hopefully next, and he goes out to Budila a lot and could take us! English class, taught that, then Spiritul thought, article of faith 6. then had lesson with Eta and brought Marius. Lesson went well. Struggling to accept BOM but she just needs to read it!

Wednesday. Lesson with Adriana met in blocs and Mihai - mici man, and Ivan, recent convert bmw worker.

Thursday: calls, park contacting, went out to Codlea, met really awesome lady Virginia going out there, picked up nativity things, then went to gara and went to Bucharest.

Friday: awesome zone conference, and breakfast and lunch, gave my testimony along with new Elders and Leaving Elders and Sora. Great Spirit and so much we need to do better, emphasis on Planning, Goal setting, and Asking for referrels, Elder Starey from Norway gave an awesome talk as well as Sora Lundberg and President Lundberg.

Saturday: Good day, couple lessons. with Fratele Popescu, member, taught english, did special musical number, then lesson with opra maria and little girl roxanna. Good good day especially.

Sunday: church went well, gave opening prayer, lunch- cereal, crepes in the night time

Monday: SO WARM, love it. Been good Preparation day so far.

This week for my studies still in Book of Mormon, Cartea lui Mormon, and Jesus the Christ. Just reading those three things. Little of each and language study - going through all vocab I write down in a day. reading. pronunciation. writing. grammar. and reading a grammar book BOM 1 Nephi 9-12 I think. CLM 2 Nephi 1-5 and JTC up to chapter 13 now and I learn so much and love that book. So many great insights and things I never knew!

UGH! Sorry later end of the week is so sparse. All is well in Brasov I'll add more details next week. I love you all. Hope you are doing great. I miss you and I love this Gospel. I pray for success and to be led to those who need to hear this message. All is well. I love you.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment