Friday, November 5, 2010

Ghicesti ce?!

Hello Everyone!
(Subject says Guess WHAT?!)

And to that I say, for a third time in a row we have seen an apostle at the devotional!!!! ELDER M. RUSSELL BALLARD!!!!!!! It was so great to have him the last week and he said a lot of great things that my district needed to hear and need to take to heart.
Hope all of you are doing well! I feel like this is another goodbye, leaving the MTC. I could have chosen to love it or hate and for the most part I have chosen the prior. I really do love the MTC, despite what anyone says, they won't change my opinion about it. I will really miss the MTC and my District and I hope to may be companions with some of them later on. I will miss the Service every Monday. Along with the LTRC and TRC. The Teacher interviews weekly. The Tuesday Devotionals. The Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. The Thursday P-days. THE TEMPLE. The organ prelude music every week. The laundry room. The cafeteria. The Classes. The Priesthood lessons and the Sacrament time. I will miss it all. And the informal, fun firesides. More laid back speakers. The Songs singing with 2000 missionaries. Seeing friendly faces from home, BYU, and other places. (Alma 17:2-3) The food. The dorms. The e-mail time although I'll still get it every Monday. GYM TIME!!!! 4-Square with my Romanian brothers. Rival Saturday with the Chileans and other Spaniards. I love 4-Square. V-ball. Every sport! I will miss my teachers Fratele Miles and Fratele Irion. And also Sora Petrisor and Fratele Jepsen and Fratele Middleton. The TEC - teaching Fratele Middleton. And everything else in between.
Friday was a good day. Felt really bad towards the end of the day because Elder Durands Mom sent us all 12 a little halloween package and fun stuff to do. Games and word puzzles, scrambled..etc and bag of candy. Off task a lot. Always good to take a break but today it was pretty bad. Good and bad I felt. Some people felt it was just good....ok.
Saturday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you had a good day. :D :))))))) Gym today was probably the best ever. My best performance in 4-Square I want to say in my life. Not bragging about myself. I received many compliments and I could not deny the truth. Said humbly always always always! By the end of that day I was almost done with Revelation!!!!!!!
Sunday: Priesthood was good. Brother Goodman taught a really great lesson about the keys of the Priesthood and in Sacrament Elder Nelson from my District and from another going to Billings, Montana, Elder Hanson gave good talks about Christ's Earthly Ministry and the Atonement. Then Sister and Brother Trapnell spoke. Always love hearing both of them speak. And this week, temple walks got re-instated. We miss the past two weeks but it was good to go up to the temple although it was a little chilly. Wednesday Past (last in october) was so stinkin cold!!!!!!! and we had to host that week like I already told. The fireside was really great. Really enjoyed Sister and Brother Swensen speak and after we watched the Legacy (some of the District of course) I actually liked it although some parts could have been done better. It was a good movie.
Monday: Service, last one, Green, Nilsson, James, and Pettit got a lot of records up on the board. I wonder if they will last for a while. Nu stiu! I don't know! The wall of fame i guess helped the service along and made it fun, although it should not have been necessary. eh oh well. I never liked the records but i did set the ball in cup, like the japanese toys i remember playing with where ball on a string, try to get it in a small-ish cup. 46 times right here! LTRC went well, talked about our mission leader and various sicknesses he had, how he was getting better and what he was doingl. Then TRC, teaching the second lesson went well. I will miss all those Return Missionaries and today we had the study abroad student who went over there i think three times now, name is Robbie and he helps with the orphanage out there in Buc. LGM was well on the Spirit, just what Elder Scott talked about the week before. It is SO SO SO important in missionary work and to have that spirit in our lives!
Tuesday: Awesome as always. Love Tuesday (and also 3rd to last gym today) Devotional was really great. Elder Ballard talked about becoming a master communicator and I loved his stories about him preaching to groups of people in England and when he was mission president and after would visit the mission of Toronto I think Canada. Love the stories they have to share with us. D&C 11:21. I always hear that scripture....But i know it is so important! We have to know what we are teaching. Know the doctrine of Christ and once we do that, we will be able to help people become converted when they FEEL the Spirit we emulate and help them to feel. Great talk!
Wednesady: Hosted, but it was good. Missed gym time but I lived. Was a good day. Wednesdays are always good.
Thursday: temple was awesome. My last time for 22 months! I'll make I think. I love to see the temple so so so much. I love the Spirit and how at peace I feel.
Marissa! I apologize! I didn't ever give you feedback on your talk at all! Did I? Regardless, it was great. I wish I could have heard it in person (2 Nephi 33:1 I think) things are always more powerful when you hear them being said. I really loved reading through. I am saving all my dear Elders but Not bringing all of them with me. Don't be offended. I'll still keep them. Just they will be at home. No biggie. My Farewell! E-mails are fine. Really. Letters...you dont' have to send me a single one, but just e-mail me please. And that would be great. Serious! Nu Problem daca voi nu trimiti e-maili! te rog.
I love you all. I will see you in 22 months. The time has flown by in the MTC and I know it will out there but I will enjoy every minute. I apologize for no pictures. In two years I'll share them with you. No worries and I'll try to send some one of these days. Don't send any dear elders on Saturday becasue I don't get them till Monday. And i wouldn't even get them! Travel plans last friday. Leaving 5 am from the MTC by the time school ends in texas time I will be in JFK and be by a phone calling. Please send me a DEAR ELDER TOMORROW! with Garrett's and Shelby's number. Thank you. I love you so much.
Love,
Elder Taylor L Schroedter

No comments:

Post a Comment