Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sector Two





Hello! How are all of you? First week said and done here in Bucuresti. I like it a lot. It's different from Timisoara and I miss Timi but I will learn to love it here. No sweat lah!

Still in Timisoara, made about 40 to 50 phone calls to members, investigators, and past investigators that I wanted to say goodbye to. Not able to meet with them one last time, but that's ok. I'll get over it eventually. I am grateful for Elder Eaton so much. I liked him a lot and he has a great mission ahead of him if he keeps it up. The language will come, just study hard and rely on the Lord. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, because that's the only way you every will learn. Elder Pettit is a lucky man to have him and to especially be serving in Timisoara. I'll be back though. Thanks Ana for the delicious cake you made for us. It was excellent. We 4 Elders and her met at the church and just ate, talked, and took some pictures. I was basically all packed before Monday because I knew I was already leaving!
Then Tuesday night we took a sleeper train on to Bucuresti. The District 5. I love em all. Elders Eaton, Cooper, and Hyatt...and me.
Then Wednesday at the gara a lot of the day, helping people to their trains. Saying hello, contacting everyone. I went over to the office to see the driving video, I saw most of it last week but I missed a couple segments, then the next day filled out some sheets, talked to Pres Lundberg and now I can DRIVE. After the office went to the gara then to the apartment. Got all unpacked and Wednesday was done.
Thursday, studies, some contacting then did some driving! Went down to CONSTANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the coast of the Black Sea. We went there for a baptismal interview. His name is Eros, young cool guy. Elder Veenendaal did the interview. Then we went and ate and went home to sleep at Elders Beohme and Nemrow's apartment. Then next day back to Bucuresti (about a 3 hour ride) Arrived. Then lunch, did English contacting and had a sweet lesson with guy named Haitham, he seems really cool and has awesome potential. Friday was done. Saturday, more normal. Rained- was no fun. Had to do some shopping. Contacting and English cards. Then weekly planning and contacting. It rained everyday this past week!
Then Sunday. Church was really good. Branch here is so solid and great programs. Runs well. Some great solid members that live here and tried to introduce myself to as many people as I could. Tough to remember names after hearing about 20 of them. But I did alright. haha not. Still have no idea of anyone's names. I'll get there though. Also I almost forgot, we went to the famous Sora Gorzo for dinner on transfers with the other elders - Lee and Martin. Elders always visit her on transfers and she loves the missionaries. Just too much and always expects it. Just takes a lot of time to get there and if we don't have an investigator with us, we aren't supposed to do it. But I love her though, she is really nice and a sweet old lady. Struggles from time to time but she is doing well.
After church, went home and ate. Then went to the Elder and Sora's Wolseys apartment to wish her a happy birthday. They are the humanitarian couple here in Bucuresti. She was happy to have us in and we had cake that the Sister missionaries made. Ausen and Hansen. Then we went home because it was raining and called a ton of people- past investigators to try and set up our next week.

Today was a good day. Had fun playing frisbee with my district (6 missionaries total) and (4 of the 6 in the other district - panduri branch) My district: Me, Veenendaal, Martin, Lee, Hansen, and Ausen. Other buc district: Betteridge, Farr, Mudge, and Bennett, and Johnsen and Horgmo didn't show. I miss frisbee and playing sports. It was hot but lots of fun. Then came to internet right now.

It was a hectic week last week but I am so excited for this transfer here in Bucuresti. We are going to get some work done and do some good damage here, (that's for you Spence) I am excited for it. Zone Leader is nothing special. I need to be better and be a good example for all the missionaries in my zone. I love this work so much and am excited for the next day. Especially for today. This morning we had a good district study with the Wolsey's, they fed us breakfast and talked about a parable that applies to us on our missions. I chose the one Luke 13:6-9

I shall dig about the land of Romania. And I can't grow the fruit. This plan is all about agency and I respect others' as they respect mine. I can plant the seeds and gather in the fruit and that's what I am trying to do. I know people need me, they need us, they need our Saviour, Jesus Christ. People just simply forget what they knew before this life. I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Love,

Elder Schroedter

No comments:

Post a Comment