Saturday, June 25, 2011

So Grown Up!

From 9 months and 6 days from never touching the wheel of a car, I did so last Tuesday driving to Constanta with Elder Veenendaal from Bucuresti. Well, Elder Veenendaal loves driving and likes to drive in Buc so I let him go right ahead and do that. I changed a little bit outside of Buc and drove the majority of the way there. We drove there in the evening time Tuesday. Then stayed Tuesday night with Boehme and Nemrow. Then Wednesday morning...a companionship was to drive back to Bucuresti to do the exchange there. And that was me and Elder Nemrow. So I drive Wednesday morning back to Bucuresti and did the exchange and back to Constanta Thursday evening. Then Elder Veenendaal drove back to Bucuresti Friday morning. It's aways out there and about a 3 hour drive. But it was fun and got to listen to some music. I felt very old though, that's the point. And grown up. I got a little lost driving back into Bucuresti. Ah this city is so big and I only know a couple of tramvai lines and got the metrou down way too easy. But by car, whew, it was tough, but fun and learned a lot simply by doing it. You can have someone guide you the whole way, but sometimes to have to fail to learn. Other wise you would never even learn. Don't worry, no accidents or dents, scratches. Nothing. Still got my clean record. And will forever....
That's a good analogy I just thought of in the time of writing this. Life is so simple and yet so hard. We have lots to learn, but we want to be shown the way every now and again and we don't always get what we want. We have to fall to be lifted up. You have to make mistakes in order to learn. It's the way it works. I love reading the scriptures and being able to learn from them. The one thing I will probably love the most from these two years. Time to study. I wish I studied more growing up and set apart the time. But, I learn from this mistake. Get over it and continue on with my life trying to be better. Life is a process. We have to constantly be learning. You can never know too much about anything. There is always something else. Learn. Study. Read. and Pray. I love learning so much.

It was a great week for me and Elder Veenendaal. I love that guy so much. He has lots of crazy stories from back in Sandy and Draper and we have had a lot of fun so far. Already it is flying by again. The Constanta exchange really made it all fly by so fast. We met some cool people on the metro and had a good lesson with them. Met with Haitham from Jordan. Lady named Corina who enjoys reading the BOM and came to church every now and again. Harry who met with missionaries in Sibiu and Ploiesti. Not to sure his real intentions right now. Said he enjoyed church yesterday. Mario, former investigator who really like the sister missionaries. Not too sure about him. Lady names Manuela, really nice and sincere.

Something that was really fun was that, 6 missionaries in our District. Me, Elder Veenendaal, Lee, Martin, and Sisters Ausen and Hansen. We all met up in Parcul Herastrau and did Plan of Salvation contacting. We tried to do it last week but it was raining. We bought chalk and drew big Plan of Salvation diagram and it was a pretty busy place where people would walk me. We gave away a lot of stuff and couple of Book of Mormons. The park is really nice and one of my favorites here. There are so many here in Buc. We plan on doing it again. We had some success and follow up dates as well and phone numbers.

I love you all and hope you are all doing awesome. Things are going great for me. I love my job.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment