Monday, July 11, 2011

HUMILITY

D&C 122:8 The aSon of Man hath bdescended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

It's all about perspective. As a Zone Leader, I could easily get a big head and be very proudful, but getting to know missionaries, talking to them, and reading the scriptures, saying prayers, and watching around me I try not to. Looking back on notes from conferences with the beginning greeting words of President and Sora Hill and parting words of President and Sora Lundberg. Looking at members in the church where I have been to church in various parts of the world. America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The gospel is the same and we need to be humble. Too many times have I seen people take something the wrong way and fall away from the church, because of someone else. But it should not be that way at all. People put themselves on a pedestal and expect to be treated in a specific way, if they don't get that special treatment, they fall. They can't come down off their pedestal. In the past 10 months I have learned a lot about who I am. How much importance I have and yet at the same time, how much more important the Savior is. I get easily discouraged and saddened when people reject us and even persecute us in some cases. But it really all goes back to the Savior. We think we are so great and we are too good to receive this rejection and it's not fair. We but only get a taste of what Jesus Christ went through for us. And instead of being prideful as natural human beings, having our thoughts focused on the Savior we will be humble and always see how much greater he is than us. I love my brother Jesus Christ and all that He did for me. People here in Romania need Him. And I am simply trying to do what's right, getting along with everyone, focusing the work, His work on Him and inviting people to come closer to Jesus Christ. It's tough at times. I am not saying I am the most humble person. but I am consistently trying to see things in perspective. Not letting my thoughts and ideas interfere with His work. "To say and do what He Himself would say and do if he personally were administering to the very people to whom He has sent me."

I love this message so much. It was a good week here in Bucuresti with Elder Veenendaal. Last Monday, we went at night to watch some fireworks, but those didn't happen, we were with a member and his son and a couple investigators. I didn't cry too hard to not see them.

In the MIHAI BRAVU DISTRICT are six proselyting missionaries. Me and Veen. Elders Lee and Martin. And Soras Ausen and Hansen. As well there is a Humanitarian Elderly Couple from Canada, The Wolseys. Tuesday it was really great. We were able to give some service for them. They were helping set up an apartment. Fridge and Washer and we put together 4 chiars, 4 beds, and a table. We took them all from the truck to the apartment on the 9th / in America 10th floor. Luckily the elevator was in good working condition and we didn't have to haul them all up the 10 flights of stairs! The fridge was tough but me and Lee handled it no probs. It was heavy and just awkward to move around, barely fit in the elevator with Elder Lee in it. Then I ran up the stairs to meet him opening the doors and managing our way through the doors to the kitchen of the apartment. It was fun to put together the chairs and beds. I miss doing stuff like that. I don't know, just reading instructions 1-7 or so. I like building stuff! but it was really great to give service. One of the best ways to show love, simply by giving time-one of the greatest gifts we all have to give. Just be selfless and humble!

On Wednesday we took a train to Ploiesti Me and Veen and then Veenendaal stayed with the 1st transfer Awerkamp in Ploiesti for the night and next day. Then me and Johnson (last transfer...actually 17th who extended one transfer) we went back to bucuresti that same night. We had a great exchange. Elder Johnson is one of my favorites. He was my first Zone Leader when I was in Brasov and we went on an exchange there. Now 7 months later, I have come so far! Now the tables are turned and I am his zone leader, supposed to give him advice how to do things. But he does everything so awesome. One of the best missionaries. It'll be sad to see him leave for sure Next week. While in Ploiesti, Elder Veenendaal did a baptismal interview for this Saturday (16th) older investigator of the Elders. Mihai. And this Friday we are going up there again to do another interview for two more people. Victor and Alex. All three for the 16th of July. Ploiesti is doing so well! And tomorrow we are probably going to go and do an exchange with Constanta. Busy busy! 3rd week of English and it's not doing so well. Brasov and Timisoara were so awesome for English, we always had tons of students. but here in the biggest city in the country!!!!!!!!! Little Paris. We had 2 students both days for English. But, next transfer will be better. The ad in the newspaper is really important along with posters. We should have done better with that. Oh well.

Other than that this week. Not a whole lot. At the end of every transfer. We do missionary reports on every missionary. Our District Leaders give us the reports through phone calls. We write all the stuff down and fax it in to the office to help President and Assistants for the transfer board that will be in the process this week. Usually all president, but President Hill doesn't know a lot of misisonaries yet so the Assistants will be helping out a lot. Bennett and Frandsen. We'll see what happens. About 99% sure I will be staying here in Bucuresti with Elder Veenendaal leaving. We shall see. Things are going well. We are really focusing on the less actives and members more and I know that it will help out a lot. Building good relationships with members, so they trust us, bringing them on lessons, to let them see us teach, firing them up for missionary work, and they will give us people to teach. Members out number missionaries and are so important in this work. Never forget that.

I hope you all are doing well. I am doing awesome. The heat is dumb sometimes, but all the more better to have lessons to not always be contacting trying to find lessons. Make the phone calls to have people meet up with you. Have a great week.

Love,


Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment