Monday, July 4, 2011

Our Day of Independence

Hello hello. I love America. God even said it was the promised land. Just gotta make sure we are keeping the commandments and we will be safe and happy and joyful. Never forget that. A simple yet so profound truth I have learned and it always comes back to that and keeping the commandments and being happy.

Before I forget, my mission is famous! I wish I was in Bucuresti when Conference was going on, now 3 months. sheesh how the time flies, but please everyone take out your Ensigns/Liahonas. On page 60 is Elder Farr. He is in the group above me and an awesome guy. Like him a lot and I'll probably be companions with him some time. He was companions with Elder Lee as District Leader here in Mihai Bravu and is now in Panduri the other branch in Timisoara as zone leader with Elder Betteridge. Just saw him today at our July 4th celebration....moving on. Page 80. Elder Vekony, from Hungary, awesome guy, served with Elder Betteridge, almost on his way back home in a couple months. He is pushing the guy in the wheel chiar. Elder Farr is actually in it again. And Elder Wolsey - senior couple, humanitarian here in Mihai Bravu, Sora Henricksen and Hansen are in there barely. President Lundberg is, his head is in there. And I think that's it. Then finally on Page 113. From left to right. Elders Johnsen, Herman, Barney, and Gardiner. All cool elders, know them all but never served around them much. Herman and Johnsen are still in Bucuresti, gotten to know them some since being here.
You're welcome. Random names with random faces that don't mean anything to you really, but some awesome Elders that I have come to become good friends with. I like my mission so much!!! Love all my missionaries!

Today was a lot of fun. After waking up and getting ready to go. We went to the store to buy some food. The sisters in our district, Hansen and Ausen, set up lunch and games for today. We all had to bring our part of food. We bought 10 patties, mustard, and mayo. 4 senior missionaries, with 15 missionaries all met up at the Panduri chapel and made hamburgers and hot dogs. With chips, juice, and then finished it off with some cake!!!!! Really good. Then we played some water balloon volley ball. I was partners with Elder Lee. Then played real volleyball. Kicking around volleyball/soccer but not. Passing the frisbee with Betteridge. I am going to miss that kid a lot! Can't believe he could already be home right now! But extended and is going to go home in 3 weeks! Make that 2 and a half weeks! Ah! It'll be so weird next transfer, 15 missionaries that I have come to know and get used to are all going home and 13 new ones are coming in. But, asa este and that is how the mission works. (And I forgot to mention last week, we all went to AFI palace, really big and huge and rode go-carts, lots of fun and worth it! everyone hadn't driven for 10-16 months, for me it was two weeks!)

Also last week. Tuesday night the Hill's came in! They had some missed flights/cancelled flights and only were able to spend about 3 hours with the Lundbergs before they left Wednesday morning. But they have been skyping and talking before they arrived (they got their call in January (ah can't spell anymore) ) they got here Wednesday. Then Thursday.

It was an awesome zone conference basically/"meet the Hills conference" Thought it went really well. Elder Veenendaal and I had the food and got all that sorted out. Feeding 45 people! Elder Betteridge and Farr also helped, they did, fruits, vegetables, drinks, chips, and cookies, while we had the pizza, bread sticks, and wings from DOMINO'S! Only cost 600 lei for our order. About 200 dollars! Really good presentations from the assistants and Betteridge and Farr and then after lunch was our presentation. I was a little nervous but did alright. It was a good experience.

Then Friday was Mission Council. First of every month. Finch and Rasmussen came down from ARAD. Bateman and Suppes from BACAU. Johnson and Vekony from SIBIU. (Russian) Whiting and Anderson from CHISINAU. Betteridge and Farr from BUC WEST and Me and Veenendaal from BUC EAST. It was really awesome. Of course with President and Sora Hill. And the Assistants Bennett and Frandsen. I really enjoyed it a lot. The Hills have some sweet ideas for the future of this mission. Not going to do everything their way, but slowly figure things out and change them as necessary. Some new training things with trainers and missionaries starting in August in the MTC. Trying to get the Stake before their 3 years is up. And in 10 years- shooting for the temple! It was such a good meeting and got me really pumped up!

Ah. I love this work so much everyone. So so much. Everyone needs it and who am I to hold back my mouth and not talk to everyone I meet. Charity is what we need and it's all about loving others. I love all of you and hope you have a great week. I love the work I do.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment