Monday, November 21, 2011

Another one in Arad! YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!‏

I basically assumed I was staying either way with Elder Schanck leaving or staying because he only has 3 more weeks in his mission. And that is crazy! He will not be spending his last days with me but will be leaving to Galati for 3 weeks and he'll. be. homeeee for Christmaaaas. I love Christmas music. I will be receiving another older missionary with 2 more transfers left, who'll probably be finishing his mission here in Arad. Elder Olson. He is a great Elder and have been able to talk to him a little bit down in Bucuresti at transfers, mission council, and when he was office elder talked to him on the phone a couple times. It's going to be a great transfer. It'll be us two. And it's super crazy Sora Moulton who was trained this transfer here in Arad, will be leaving to Ploiesti (lucky) and serving with another second transfer! Craziness! She speaks the language so so well for a boboaca and she will have no problems. I have no worries for her. And Sora Hickman, this will be her 3rd here like me in Arad and she'll be training another boboaca right out of the mtc. Craziness. I am hoping of going my whole mission without training but we'll see what happens. ;)
It was a great week for me this past week. I can't believe November is coming to a close. I have really loved my zone here in Arad. There are 16 total missionaries with the McFaddens. And 6 are leaving on to other zones. It'll be a good transfer and I am excited to try and get some of these investigators progressing and committing to make the next step to baptism, but we'll see what happens. I will miss Elder Schanck, it was a good two transfers here in Arad. Had some really tough days, but looking back on it I just see the good days. I can't help it. I am positive and it is so important to be positive. All about attitude of gratitude and positivity. Try it some time. It helps, it really helps.
One of our investigators is doing super well. He wants to be baptized this Saturday and we are making all the preparations for that and that'll be super good. Ghita is ready and has the right desire, I am super happy for him. And hopefully next year to go with his wife (baptized this year earlier) to the temple. And hopefully their 7 year old son, nearly 8 will also be baptized. He says he wants to and I might still be here for that. But I am thinking I will have three here, this'll be my last transfer and then I'll be going somewhere else. We'll see.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Today we are celebrating with the McFaddens and I believe having a chicken meal because turkeys are too small. Not too sure. We made a really good broccoli salad and an ice cream dessert/elder schanck made them. I supervised. haha.
Yesterday at church, it was super good. I gave a talk and it turns out, I chose my subject, and also Sora Hickman spoke who was assigned her subject and we spoke on the same thing! Supunere/Obedience. It was a great meeting and first hour. Then we also started a class for investigators, 1st time since I have been here, oh and I taught that too, but hopefully that will be a one time thing. It went really well. Sisters are really doing well and have lots of investigators, we had a lot of ours promise they'd be there but never showed up. Sundays are the best and the worst. Translating seems so much like a breeze for the Mcfaddens. Did that for two of the talks. Didn't translate for mine though. haha. I love all the members here so much in Arad. So many solid ones and just awesome people where you see the difference the gospel has made in their lives. I love it and it inspires me. This past week we were able to visit a lot of them and Elder Schanck got pictures with all of them.
Also this past week we had a good exchange in Oradea and a good district meeting with them. I went with Elder McCombs, they first did an exchange and then we came and did another exchange. Usually it's Barney and Taylor together and Eckersley and Mccombs. But when we went, it was Barney with Mccombs and Eckersley with Taylor. So I went with Elder Mccombs and Elder Schanck went with Elder Barney. haha Kinda crazy but it went well and we got some good work done and met some really people in the park, and in the blocs.

I love Arad so much. The city. People. Culture. Way of life. Members. Investigators. Success. And everything else.
Always looking forward to the future. Learning from the past. And living today and making the future possible. I love you Mom and Dad. Happy Anniversary. 

And my gift to the Hill's for their anniversary this coming saturday, a baptism. :)

Work.


No comments:

Post a Comment