Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Clean Sheet Broken, Shattered, and Demolished Within an Instant. Sad Day.‏

I'll dedicate this one again to Sam Williams.
Alright, well I never told you, but two weeks ago, we get home one night coming back inside. And we see on the car right outside the apartment, a nice little parking ticket. But for the past two months, we have had no trouble at all. There were no signs saying we had to pay parking, nothing! And usually there will be a place to buy parking stubs/receipts saying you bought it to park there, there was nothing of the sort by our apartment and we thought we didn't have to pay. But we have went about 2 months not paying anything and happily parking the car there. To find a nice parking ticket that one night. The next day we were down in Bucuresti and couldn't pay it within the 48 hours. So we go then late, find the place and not only is it one ticket, but it's two! (the 48 hours rule luckily had no effect or extra fine) The day before we got the ticket on the windshield, we supposedly were fined with another ticket. So we paid for 2 tickets. I took the hit and gave them my license and what not. Not a big deal, because this did not shatter the perfect record of mine of no tickets, no trouble or anything. It wouldn't be a big deal. But little did I know what would happen driving over to Deva.
I receive my first speeding ticket in my life and it's a joke people! I hated that day. I was going 6 over in a town. and I am converting this to mph so it appears smaller than the kmh (those are bigger numbers) haha. So going about 37 in a 30 mph zone. This country needs a freeway. They set up the roads just so they could get tickets and pull people over. I was probably the most scared I have even been in my life, when the cop came to the window. Last year at this time I entered the country November 9th. My visa had a mistake and it expired November 8th of this year instead of 2012. I get pulled over November 9th, a day after my visa expires. It would have been no problem because I had my passport with me with a sheet in it saying my visa is still good, just need to pick it up in Bucuresti. But oh oh wait. I didn't have my passport with that little sheet in it. My heart was beating alright! But I live to tell another day, the cop never asked for it thankfully and I was blessed, technically illegal but with that sheet that I now carry with me at all times, I will have no problems. I am sorry Sam, I used to be perfect. "Even the best fall down sometimes" are the only words that come to my mind. But it makes for a great story. So for km it's 50 km in a village and there are tons of villages on this road, normally I think it's 90 or 100 outside of villages. They had me clocked at 67. Everyone speeds. Right after I got pulled over I am driving through another village and a big semi is behind me with another 6 or 7 cars, I am going 50 for about halfway through and then he is flashing his lights at me and honking, not too happy that I was following the speed limit, so I speed up the later end of the Sat. ugh.
DUMB! haha everyone speeds, even through the villages. but I knew I would get a ticket some day and it had to happen on my mission. I'm not mad. Find joy in the journey.

It was a great week. I love Arad. I love my mission. Ghita will be baptized next week. I love my zone. I love my companion. I love this gospel. I love my family and my friends. I love you all and hope you have a great week. Never forget to read your scriptures. It'll make the difference in your day. I promise.

I love life.

Love,

Elder Schroedter

Drive safe Sam and get to the building. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment