Monday, November 7, 2011

Humbled and Tired

Well. This week has gone by all too fast and too slow at the same time. I felt like we were always doing something this past week. And I think with a trip today to Lipova kinda stretched out the week for some odd reason. I spend too much time on trains. But yeah, today it was a good turnout, some crazy things happened with Timisoara Elders and they uh kinda, missed their train, unfortunately so they were not able to make it out to Lipova. But all Arad made it with the McFaddens (glad they made it! :)) With Oradea, and Deva too. It was a good stay. I love the cetate(fortress) there in Lipova/Radna. Also called the "Cetatea Soimos" It was my third time going, but it was a lot of fun. It was Elder Schanck's second time. And that was our Preparation Day. Now we have to hurry to shop and then try and meet with some investigators!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday, was so great at church! Ghita was there with his fam, they stayed for two hours. They are in the middle of trying to move. Not the best living conditions, he is so humble and such a great guy. Recently lost one of his jobs. His wife was baptized earlier this year. He was not interested at all and this past week, Elder Schanck and I had two really good lessons with him. He has awesome potential....meaning he wants to be baptized, we didn't even invite him. Another cool and great story. Two members got together one day and they themselves a couple weeks ago had a lesson with them. Missionary work, it's all about the members! Don't take my word, take Pres. former Elder Gii Bii Hinckley! Missionary work NOT EQUAL tracting. Therefore, I refuse to knock another door. It's all about the members. haha just kidding. Romania is not ready at all for just member work and finding people through the members. Someday though. I know it. I'll be knocking on my fair share of doors. Don't you worry. (I feel bad Not Gii, but President Gordon B. Hinckley) Ghita is a funny guy, his son Cristi is a tough one and he has so much patience with him. He will be a great member here soon.
And another family that I have met with a couple times, mainly the husband and the sisters have worked with the Mom and Daughter. They are relatives of members, son of a member and they will also be getting baptized soon! I am super excited for them and can't wait. He is a great guy and we have done service over there a few times.
Oh yeah, me and Elder Schanck went down to Bucuresti. Not a big deal. I'll spare you train details. I was so dumb though, real quick, I'll share. We go to a place near our house that deals with trains where you can buy tickets and I ask for 1st class...I simply fail to mention that we want sleeping carts 1st class. And I don't understand, I thought the lady would have at least helped me out a bit! So we ended up just buying 1st class, wonderful normal seat tickets! :S So then it works everytime, we just go to the sleeping cabin, 2nd class and we ask the conductor if there are any seats/beds open, people don't always show up and we got two beds for the night going down and did the same thing going back up to Arad. They need some new trains! It should not take up 12 hours to travel 600 km. My opinion. Maybe I am wrong and have my distances a little off, but I didn't think it took that long. Yes, for those who did the average 50 km/hr. I don't judge. I will come back graduated and build some railways? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I was wrong, usually about 11 hour train ride, but consistently an hour delay will happen, changing that to 12 hours, usually a little more than 600, I am being generous. So yeah, still 50 km/hr. haha. You probably think I hate this country and its public transportation. but actually this country has changed me. I say things how they are. Haha, Captain Obvious is my new nickname they call me. But seriously, don't hate me. I give facts. I got sites, photos, time trackers, tickets, and money as proof. Anyways.
I think every night of this past week I was not able to get a full night's sleep but I am surviving and loving every second of it. Two nights on the train. Last night. It was a good night, just didn't quite get much sleep. But other than that, I'll be sleeping well tonight and this coming week. Planned for an exchange to Deva so that should be good! :D
For every week in my mission (nearly every week) we have district meetings as a district, 4, 6, 8 missionaries, depends where you are. This week Elder Schanck gave an awesome district meeting. Really probably one of my favorites. I love that kid. He is so much more humbler than me and it makes me even more humbler. I don't judge, but I do. And I am trying to be better. It really has been great being companions with him. He knows so much. And he has taught me so so so much. I really do love him.

Two weeks ago. I was upset, but don't worry. I am not anymore. I get over things pretty quickly. Don't judge others when we stand imperfectly. Everyone is trying to be better. Be humble and don't judge. It's about love for others. 

Everyone have a great week. I love you all.

Heart. Might. Mind. Strength.

Work.


No comments:

Post a Comment