Monday, December 5, 2011

La Mulţi Ani România!‏

Yay! For this past week it was December 1st and what do I get to do to celebrate the huge Independence day for the country of Romania. I get on a train down to Bucuresti. Yay! It was the best ever. Lots of food, fun, excitement, games, drinks, and sleep! Ok it was all that minus the food, excitement, games, drinks....and fun. Oh....and the sleep. But it was the best December 1st ever. I don't remember doing anything in Brasov at all with Elder Betteridge last year. Eh oh well. It wasn't anything special here neither this year. But it was a good train ride. I hate trains because I cannot sleep on them! Of course I do sleep, but just all during the meeting upon arriving I am dead. Spend the day in Bucuresti (the 2nd) and then that night, another train back to Arad. I don't understand how on the way down there it's 11 hours and coming back 12 hours...hmmm I was thinking about uphill factor, change in longitude, hmmm temperature, elevation, train drivers, lots come into play. But I love trains. They are my new home it seems like. I believe within a month (28 days or make that 32 days?) I was down to Bucuresti and back to Arad. 4 times meaning 8 wonderful train rides. I am grateful that I can at least lay down and don't have to sit up all night, like I did earlier this year with Elder Eaton....twice! I love train rides. They are simply the best. But it was well worth it I would like to think. Because this mission would be lost without my example in that meeting, attitude and dashing looks, and outstanding comments, and creative upcoming ideas and thoughts. HaHa!!! Of course it's always worth it. Some of the best minds coming together with President and Sora Hill and everyone putting in their input and trying to make the mission better. Kinda crazy (I know I have said this before) being over an entire 2 countries decently sized as a Mission President. I love Sora and President Hill a lot and know they have a lot on their plate. I simply just try and help out. And we got the load on our backs. All 12 of us. Plus Assistants to carry out the messages to the mission and telling everyone what needs to happen. I always love going to Mission Council/ Zone Leader Council as they are calling it these days. Can't believe my first one was in June! And I have been there ever since once a month. 7 months! I am not boasting, but surprised myself, he has kept me zone leader so long. I am grateful and try to be simply a good example for others.
This past Sunday, I am talking about yesterday. Ghita received the Aaronic Priesthood and next week he'll be passing the Sacrament! He is so cool and I love always going over there, visiting, and having great lessons with him and his wife, and his kid who is usually always crazy, but will eventually-usually-never calm down while we are there. :) It is going great with him and he gets along great with the other members in the Branch. All about Unity. Making people feel welcome. Reaching out. Lifting up one another and not criticizing and degrading one another. Love. Love. Love.
We had sign-ups for english. Those went well on Saturday. Starting tomorrow with another class. We'll probably be teaching medium. Me and Elder Olson. That should be good and hopefully we get some more students than what me and Elder Schanck got. For english is was fun buying, making posters and putting those up all around Centru. It was frustrating taking my gloves off and on because I was dealing with the tape while Elder Olson kept his gloves on pretty much the whole time, we switched it up. but my hands were numb by the end walking up and down centru putting up posters with tape and in a couple other places. I enjoyed it.
It was Sora Hickman's birthday last Tuesday. Happy Birthday! We celebrated after our meeting with smores over the oven-fire. Pretty good. They don't have normal white marshmellows here but in a package Sora Hickman got we shared and they were pretty dang delicious.
Something I am also trying to do is memorize/remember member's birthdays coming up in the month and trying to write them a card and a treat. Made banana bread last week and last night, some brownies. They say mine are the best. Not sure if they are lying or really complimenting me. Of course I know, but I'll leave it up to you decipher and read in-between the dotted-lines.
It was a good week. Had some good meetings/discussions/lessons/chats with Paul, Mandra, David, Costi and Gabi and many other members and people. We need some more people to teach, but things are going great so far for the Arad Zone and Branch. I love it here and love my people I serve.

Do something nice everyday for a random stranger and don't wait for them to say "Thank you."

I love this work. Happy Holidays! Christmas is the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment