Monday, December 12, 2011

My Love for the West!

The Bells are ringing. Some highlights of the week. Edy got married! Ciprian was baptized in Timisoara. Started english. Visited an awesome monestary today. It was a good week. Met with most of the investigators...but first off. Edy!
Ever since visiting him my first or second week in the city, he talked about his girlfriend and getting married and finally last week he got married....3 months later. And the biggest reason which was a good one, was that his mom was in Spain working and he wanted to wait for her. Good for him haha. It was funny, they didn't really want to go all out at all and I respect that. So basically the wedding that they invited people to was to the Civil wedding which we also went to last Friday. Lasted about 15 minutes. We were five minutes late and it was already over basically when we got there. haha Everyone was just taking pictures and what not. The Sisters were there and what we missed, the civil man? He asked a couple questions to Edy and then to Timi, they both said yes and they kissed and they were married. haha I know the week prior (last week) Edy was kinda stressed out and busy, going to the town hall, and relatives and signing some papers, doing a little medical stuff. But didn't seem like too much work. haha but Edy was very happy and so am I. He's for sure one of my favorite members hands down here in Arad. He went through some hard times going inactive due to some silly stuff, but he is back and super strong and great for the branch here in Arad. He's the best.
For my exchange last week in Timisoara, i definitely had some free time to visit a past investigator, Ciprian! He had changed over the past 6 months so much. Less stubborn and I couldn't believe he had chosen a date when the missionaries told me that last transfer. I was so excited and I am glad it happended last Saturday. It was great to visit with him Wednesday when I was down there for the exchange with Elder Bennett. We had a great exchange and met with some members and past investigators, it was a great day and I simply wish Razvan and Caruntu's phone numbers still work. I want to talk to them, and hopefully they meet up again with the missionaries and I can talk to them again. There's a plan for everyone. It was great to receive the pictures from his ceremony. And I was able to talk to him on the phone last night and he was so happy along with his wife. They are the best family ever!
English classes. It was dumb. On Tuesday, we had a good turnout (for here in Arad) usually it's never as good as it was. But everyone was scared and didn't come to the medium class. So everyone was in Beginner and we both helped teach that class and basically spotted out the Medium students, which there were a lot of. So on Tuesday it wasn't the best, but then for Saturday, it was fine and we had a good class. And even a member was there for the Medium class and it went well.
Today was a cool experience. We visited a monastery. St. Simion Stalpnicul and it was really cool. Usually it's locked up, but it was perfect timing, when we got there, there was a group/field trip of 1st graders or so, so a nun I believe came out unlocked it for them and also allowed us inside to take a look. Super pretty and I loved all the paintings from moments in the Savior's life. They were very well done. It was pretty awesome. I liked a lot on the outside, huge mural/painting of Christ blessing fish and bread and feeding the 4000 or 5000...I am not sure, didn't have time to quite count that high, plus the scene didn't include the full multitude, I want to say 5000, because most people don't even know about the 4000. They combine in their heads into the same story. But oh well. That's for another day. Monastery was cool. And we went there in the car with the McFaddens and Sisters. Elder Olson was in the back, I was navigator...and then crazy not sure why we did this, but me and Elder Olson while the other 4 drove back, we ran back! Ran to Kaufland a sheer 7.6 kilometers. Not to bad. Walked a little in there but I was dying. It has been surprisingly not too cold in the last moment of time. We went running twice last week and already once this week. Off to a good start. That run was so long and killer. I was dying plus had a good sized backpack on. Shed down to the shorts and shirt fast. Only about 11 degrees...slash....52 degrees today during the day and it'll cool down to about freezing usually during the night. it was way cold about 3 weeks ago. Not warm, but not nearly as cold as it was then now. I love the weather now. Beautiful!
Investigators. People will come to church, we teach them, but really they show no want to progress and really it's tough to have them have that desire. Can't force anyone to do anything. We just keep inviting and working hard. I have come to love I can say the members here in Arad the most. Making the time for them, visiting them more and calling them to see how their day was. I love the members here in Arad so much. I love the west. It has such a different feel here than in the south in Bucuresti and even in the Central/Transilvania heart in Brasov. And from the south east of Constanta. I can't say about Moldova area - iasi, galati, bacau and then the Republic of Moldova Chisinau and Orhei. I'll let you know if I ever make it out there. Arad and Timisoara are the best cities ever to serve. I love the people here so much. They are so so nice and open. I love this message of the gospel so much. I love being a missionary. This is the best work ever that we can be doing. Pray to God and find out the truth for yourself. Easy as that!

I love you all and hope you have a warm and lovely Christmas this season. 13 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment