Monday, December 19, 2011

A Most Wonderful Christmas Party and...Marathon?‏

Coming soon the the Arad . ro / maraton (without the spaces) hopefully I made it! I ran this past Saturday in the Maratonul Mos Craciunilor. It was the Santa Clause race they hold here in Arad every Christmas. Last year it was awesome, a Elder Harvey ran in it and got 2nd place! I got about 35th or so, nothing impressive, but crossing the finish line after a huge "TWO SIX"............Two point six kilometers that is haha. I was dying after crossing. Me and Olson had run quite a few times during the day on P-day and in the morning in the stinking cold, but man that race was brutal. Last year there was snow and it was raining this year and so so cold! I tried, but my lungs were dying at the end. I did beat all the missionaries and some members that ran.  It was fun and I got a free and torn up Santa suit out of it. I loved it.
And the day before that I was pigging out and training my stomach eating too many treats and a big Christmas meal for the Christmas party, for the Arad and Sibiu Zone. It was a lot of fun. Kinda stressful taking care of everything but it went well and people said they enjoyed it. I had some late nights with bunches of Elders at my apartment. As a part of the party, we saw a slide show of pictures around the mission and also the Hills pictures mainly with lots of missionaries. Then also a tie exchange and scarf exchange for the sisters. And a testimony meeting, singing Christmas hymns, played the same game as last year, telephone charades, lots of fun, and fun and games for some free time. It was a great day and I loved it.  The day before that, had a great exchange with the best former companion ever, ELDER DURAND! Deva came a day early and they spent their exchange here in Arad and we had a busy and long day with 2 service opportunities, and member visits and helping set up the Christmas party, and dinner at a restaurant with 5 other elders. I miss elder Durand and it was good to be with him again, and actually he started his mission here in Arad and he was glad to be back and people remembered him too (he was here just for one transfer then went to Timisoara and his 2nd in Timisoara, he served with ME!) I love you Durand Durand!
We had a fun p-day here, last one for elder Olson down in Timisoara, paintball was so much fun and a few welts and bruises. So much fun.
Church, probably craziest one yet here in Romania, but I'll save that for another day.
It was a great week. I love this work so much and there are so many ways to do missionary work. Need to find the way that works for you and just do it. And also to remember, talk to everyone you meet!

I love you. Merry Christmas. Happy Holidays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment