Friday, June 22, 2012

A Jammed Thumb, Singing Karaoke, and Speaking Romanian.

Hello hello, is there anything I can do for you? achtung! Life goes well and things are just great. This past week went really well. We had a great exchange me with Elder Cox, one of the other Elders here in Timisoara last Wednesday and also on that same day we did a thing Zone Wide (Us, Arad, and Oradea) we did an English Fast, where we only spoke Romanian all day! And it went really well. Sometimes, I wanted to speak English really bad but, I just had to think how to say it in Romanian and we did well. I almost spoke no English at well.

Thursday we played some basketball with some of our English students and towards the end/middle of playing. I was going for a steal, threw my hand and the pass was pretty quick and it just nails my right hand thumb and it hurt so so so bad. If you remember dad and marissa. At my graduation with the much needed jumping picture and coming down from the jump, hitting my thumb on your leg Dad, jammed it pretty well and ever since June 2009 it hasn't been the same and nearly 3 years later to the day, I make it worse. It is just a little swollen and nothing serious. Just can't bend it or feel it. But other than that, really it's great. I actually finished the basketball game, we lose because of it. And then I went to playing soccer, and did great in goalie with just one hand. haha but seriously the thumb is so much better than what it was, still hurts, but it'll be fine. DON'T WORRY! Relax.

For an activity Saturday night, we did a Karaoke night with us missionaries and invited our english classes. Not the best turnout, but it went well and everyone had a lot of fun. There are some really great Romanian songs I love to listen to and we sang a few of them Saturday night. Us 6 missionaries. And surprise appearance by the office elders from Bucuresti. And english students.
The office elders were here because we were changing servers for our cell phones. Orange is pretty well known here in Europe and we recently just changed to Cosmote. And without having our new phones the contract ended with Orange last Friday which really was inconvenient, because we weren't able to call anyone to invite them to activities and to meet up with them. But it was just for over a day we didn't have phones. I wondered how the early missionaries did it with no phone, just the clothes of their back and maybe a bible and book of mormon. I am grateful for my day in age, for medicine and a healthy body, and the gift from God to know Romanian to the level at which I know it. I am blessed.

We are all blessed. Keep counting them everyday.

Have an amazing week.

-Elder Schroedter

No comments:

Post a Comment