Thursday, October 21, 2010

6th week :) MTC

Yo!!! Salut, Buna Ziua! Ce mai faceti!!!!???
Hope all of you are having just a wonderful week. It has been a most excellent week here in the MTC. 6 weeks and 1 day. One transfer done. I think 16.3333 left. YAY! hehe, who's counting though? I am sure not! You shouldn't either.
So I weighed myself today, still 163. Week 3 I was the same thing, so I really don't think I gained anything, but the scale back home was broken...just saying. I got a letter this week from Ashley, Logan, Taryn, Laurel, Belinda, and Spencer. Thanks everyone! Means a lot. And no more or less than the dearelders or packages. Although you can take it easy with the packages, because why you send me stuff saying oh, don't gain any more weight, share with your friends and comps although everything we give you is everything you like and want. Share anyways. hehe. Just kidding and you know I am. All I am saying is you don't always have to listen to your children when they say you better send that kid a package. I don't need em although I do love em. I have had enough for my whole mish so you all did your job. Thanks. Hope that didn't sound condescending. I do love you all. And really I have plenty of food.
So it was a good week.
Last Friday. Mom and Dad in Utah just a few blocks AWAY!!!! Got a package of some sweet cookies. IN a BATMAN bag. Thanks so much! I love you Millie Kyla! Thanks for the heart and the letters.
Saturday...eh, nothing really to report. No DearElders in the dinner time so I always gotta wait till Monday dinner. What the heck?! Eh, I'll get over it...I hope. Not sure about this one this time. We'll see.
Sunday was pretty good! Priesthood was really great and we talked about giving blessings as well as Do the beginning with the end in mind. Eternal perspective. Missionary work. Plan of Salvation. Then Study time was great throughout all that day. Sacrament was good. Good mish talks on the Holy Ghost, no mishes from our District. Temple Walks canceled for Sunday because the week prior, Elders would meet up with Families, and have picnics with friends. And the grounds were left in a mess. Hate it how a few or one missionary can really ruin it for 2500 others. UGGH!!! But we had a MTC walk and I was able to finish the Doctrine and Covenants. Day 1 of MTC. My goal to finish d&c, BoM! and NT and maybe another one...PoGP. D&C CHECK!!!! BOM 100 pages left. NT...needs some work. just finished acts Tuesday. in bom for now. in 3 Nephi 11. I can do it. 2 and a half week left!!!!!
Monday was great! Another package from Mom and Dad. :) sheesh everything in there! cookies, brownies, rice krispies, sour patch, gum, sour ice breakers, cheese itz, and so much more...that was just the beginning. ;) Thank you for the notes. Mom Dad Garr and Kristi. (so the computer will lag but at least it doesn't double type letters unlike last week, sheesh what the heck was up with that last week?!?!) LTRC went excellent! talked about clothes and buying stuff in a store. Then talking about religion, and telling someone why I was on a mission. Then TRC went great. Taught the first lesson and I thought we did really well, me and Elder Mikolyski. Last week was tough with a difficult one and stickler - Grant. This week we got Kara as our investigator and it went really well this week. Able to get through everything and the sentences are coming easier going from English to Romaneste/Romana. Service was great as usual. They have a ball and cup game. Like the Japanese game where the ball is on a string and you try to get the ball in the cup. I beat the record. Service is all about records for our district and i don't clean fast or anything but i did beat the ball in cup record. haha record was 39 and i got 46!!!!!! yeah! I'll beat it again next week too easy. :)
Tuesday: was the best ever. best day of the week i'd say. just because not only Devotional but the District Testimony Meeting. And finally a member of the 12 comes to the MTC. 2 weeks prior to September 8th, Elder Holland was here and this week.....Elder Nelson came!!!! And he gave a really great talk. And even cooler, he dedicated the country of Romania in Bucuresti in 1993. And the first and last day I get to hear that dedicatory prayer in that park in Bucuresti. I am pretty excited for the last day and offer up my mission to the Lord and Heavenly Father. He talked about what everyone else has. il urmam pe isus hristos. We follow Jesus Christ. And our purpose is not only to invite others to Christ but to establish Christ's church on the Earth, in Romania! It was a great talk and I really enjoyed it a lot. Testimony was great too. Internationals always come in on Tuesdays. And the new Romanian district came in yesterday, Wednesday, but because they have an international he came in tuesday and was with us for our testimony meeting. Elder Horgmo from Norway and even cooler, his older brother went to Romania too.
Wednesday: new district came in and I am excited to be that good example that I know I can be to them and That I know I should be for them. Also a new English district came in. The Romanian district has 10 elders and 1 sister. Whew! Tough for the sister, but she'll be all the more stronger at the end of the 9 weeks. I wrote a note on their board that I am sure they understand perfectly of course. :) It's great to have them. It really is and hopefully our District can be a good example for them. I know we can do it for them.
Thursday: Another endowment session, for a guy from Italy. Paolo Gaiotti. IT was great, no ASL today, I think he did Inititories, not sure. I love being in there. So many great people and a great start to my day. It really is. Glad You Marissa and Mom could go earlier this week. It is a great place to be.
SYL this week was Tuesday and Saturday, but for me it's everyday. We just started a game "the Native" where someone (ONE) person is the native and they should try to speak only Romanian always for that day, then at the end of the day we will vote to see who the native is and i think a lot of people think i am the native. I love my District and we have really grown a lot in this past 6 weeks.
GYM!!! Outside is finally open, but that means the actual gym is empty and 4 square is the best. I got over not playing 9-Square and just own in 4 square. It is a lot of fun and good for me because it tests my patience. I love it. And it builds brotherhood.
I love you guys and thank you so much for the daily prayers and support. Hope you have a great week. Love you unconditionally and always.
Thanks so much Spence and Taryn for you letters "astazi". :)
Love,
Elder Taylor L Schroedter

No comments:

Post a Comment