Friday, October 15, 2010

more MTC

Hello Everyone,
I can't even remember what I wrote about last week. Time is a funny thing which I think I have talked about already. The time goes by so fast, yet at the same time I can't imagine living anywhere else. Ahh!!! I can't remember too well. The days really do blend. But working makes the time go by a hecka lot faster! I love it. In no time I'll be home. Too easy too easy.
How are all of YOU?! I don't want to say anything I have done, but I want to hear about you. Well...i Guess that won't be happening, I Like to e-mail all of you. :) I enjoy it here so much and all is well in Israel. Hurrah for it, alright?! K, thanks. B. Young and Heber C. Kim. Good men. I hope to be like them someday in the next two years and I think it's possible. Totally! Mosiah 28:3. I love it. Chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel is so great. I am trying to be perfect everyday of the week and it's tough! Perfect everything it way way way tough. But I manage alright. Not the best, but I am perfectly imperfect if that counts. I try each and every day. Look at your past day and be better than before. Pres. Hinckley!
SO last Friday: was good, nothing really to report about. Review week. Just kinda freaking out about our Monday's Lesson every since Day 1 and it's finalllyy 3 days away. 4-Square is a fun time each day in the gym this past week and Saturday too.
Saturday: nothing a whole lot. Story saturday so Miles and Irion tell us sweet stories from their mission which I always love to hear them talk about.
Sunday was an awesome day. Lots of study time which I love just to read the scriptures. Priesthood was good and we had a good lesson from a "sub" branch president oorr was oonnccee a mtc branch president. Pres. Callister from Utah Valley somewhere. Gave a good lesson on being simply a good missionary and he had a lot of great stories about his mission and from church history. Sacrament was great. Each week two elders are called to give a short 5 minute talk. of 3 weeks so far I haven''tt hhaadd to. anndd oonnllyy eelder green from our district has had to give one. (ok this double letter jazz is not likeable at ALLL) sheesssssssssshhhh. Talks were by sister anndd president trapnell. Goodman and Born out of town (hence sub needed). FFiirreeside was really great. Brother Heaton who takes care of us basically with meals and everytghing else here at the mtc. talked about inviting others to come unto Christ. THen after that we watched a movie, (eeaacchh Sunday you can chhoooossee our of like 4 movies what you want to see) Watched that 10 minute vid "Restoorraation" and then video where Elder Ballard is talking - "Legacy of Kirtland" and I never realliizzeedd how much really happened at Kirtland. Watch the movie and you wwiill find out a lof of stuff did! I really loved both movies.
Then Monday. Service is ssuuch a good way for me to start my day. The LGM was good, about having Faith. the speaker is "BIll Murray" look alike NO JOKE! and voice and everything. I bet they arre related. :) And beforree that.....THE T.R.C.!!!!! in romaneste! it was tough but a really great experience. first lessssoon. families. prophets. Christ. Apostasy. Restoration. Book of Mormon. andd Holy Ghost will testify. We got the one guy who really likes to give us a hard time. Great guy though and good to have because he really knows what we may encounter. His name is Grant. ;) and for LTRC this week we talked about foods and shared a scripture and what we thought aboutt it. It was fun, slow, tough, but with time I will get better at it. I know it.
Tuesday was great. Devotional was Bishop Richard C. Edgley. Always has been one of my favorite speakkers and I really enjoyed it. Great talk by him and his wife. I wish I could write you all my noteess I took from all the devotionals adn general conference talks. I really got a lot from his talk that night. And then the district testimony meeting was really great. I love testiimmony meetings so much. Excelent!
Wednesday. was good. Love those days too because they are the day before P-Day and we get clean sheets. And this week we got a lemon marangue pie from my comp's Elder Mikolyski's girlfriend who lives just down the rode. Her rooommate and past friend works here at the referrel center just down the hall from my classroomm and she drops off every wednesday personally a package for us/Elder Mik. And today we had two lessons!!!!! Miles, (Iacov) and Middleton (Stefan). Taught tthheemm both the 3rd lesson and they went slow but good as well. both in romanian. ssoo no worries.IT 'll come with time. I love teaching and need to do more of it!!!!
and today Thursday: temple was good as always. did it for a Manoel from Paipasomething, Brasil, 1890. Cool stuff.
I love you all. Dad, Mom, Shelby, Garrettt, Marissa, Grant, Caleb.
Love,
Elder Taylor L Schroedter

No comments:

Post a Comment