Monday, March 14, 2011

HOW ARE YOU?????



Transfer week!!!!!!!!!!! E-mail will be short. I am still staying here in Timisoara. Last night Elder Zavala left for Buch...Tuesday-Home in Washington. Elder Kopsa: off to MOLDOVA! Orhei. And Elder Durand is leaving me too! WHAT THE HECK?! THE DISTRICT is just down to me! Why why why?! Elder Durand! I will truly miss you brother. We got along great and you are a great missionary. I wish you the best with Elder Jensen and in PITESTI! I will take care of Timisoara for you. The other companionship -- District Leader will be Elder Frandsen...I think in his 9th transfer. He was Zone Leader the past two and now District Leader...AND TRAINING!!!!! My companion will be Elder Bruner. I know him from the MTC and am really looking forward to this next transfer...I wonder if I will be put with an older Elder again! I am still senior again. Elder Nilsson from our MTC group is DISTRICT LEADER in his 4th! Elder Durand, Kopsa, and Zavala kept saying I was going District Leader. I knew I wasn't. Stressful stuff! Kinda glad I didn't, but I wouldn't be surprised. For my Zone Leaders (ARAD), They are my first 2 COMPANIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elder Betteridge and Bateman! What the heck? So crazy and I am looking forward to exchanges with one of them...I think they choose who goes with who. I wouldn't be able to I don't think. I love them both!

I love finding out who's going where and who will be with who. Makes life exciting and I was looking forward to it so much. What I don't look forward to is people going home. Elder Zavala, seriously have gotten to know him so well and I love that kid! He is, was, and will be a great missionary always. I want to be like him!

I love my mission so so much. Time to think about others and everyone else. Building friendships that will last eternity. I don't want to lose touch! Great companions so far and it's going to be a great transfer this transfer. I am learning so so much each day and trying to get people closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. I know our message will truly bless their lives. They need to listen and accept!

From snowing last Sunday, it is warm and I am not really liking it too too much. Summer...ugh. Humidity. Sweat. NU IMI PLACE DE LOC. I'll get over it. I feel Elder Durand and I have both come quite a long ways with the language. I feel bad I talked A LOT and never really gave him the oppotunities that he deserved. But he is a great speaker and will be a good one. It's all about the doing. DO DO DO IT! talk to people. And confidence. I love you Elder Durand. bafta si noroc. numai bine. sanatate. ai grija. fii cuminte. strange rodul!

Oh my goodness....uhhh really 6 months already. It was so cool to be able to be with Elder Durand and umm attempt to burn our ties, I'd say they were burned though. It was kinda sketch because we didn't even know where to do it. Cars pulled up and just stood there and...yeah it went well. I can't believe it's already 6 months and March is already half-way over! AHHHHHH. Time where do you go?

We had some pretty good lessons with potential investigators and people we have found in the blocs and in the parks and on the streets. But no one really progressing. We are giving them the commitments and they won't do them and don't have that "real intent" We are trying. Working hard and keeping the faith. Fighting the good fight. Lots of return appointments and trying to get people to church. I am trying my best and know we will be blessed when we are obedient. Trust in the Lord.

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!!!!!!!! To Elder Spence Fairwell. To Ashley Fairwell. And Shelby LOUD! Hope you had a great birthday. I remembered on the day of, should have sent you an e-mail last week. Apologize.

And Shelby! Your brother in law! I hope he is still in the MTC! "aveti grija" means literally "have care" / take care as we would say. I pray for him and all the missionaries, and PEOPLE in Japan and surrounding affected areas. What mission is Drake going to? Hope the family isn't too worried for him. I know the Lord takes care of his missionaries. Every single one of them.

Sorry I didn't do the usual run-down of the week! No time. Gotta gotta go yo! Hope you are all doing well. Oh also. No bucharest for me this week...but instead I get an exchange with Elder Betteridge! Lucky me and then I get to wake up at 400 and be at the train station to drop off Elder Betteridge to continue on to Arad with Elder Bateman and pick up Elder Bruner. Crazy!!!!!! It will be a good transfer I know it. I just feel it.

Studies wise. Going to finish the Book of Mormon either tomorrow or Wednesday. In Ether and loving it and finding so many great scriptures. One investigator Ciprian we met with him and he complicates everything. I am trying not to do that myself! But I keep it simple and put my faith and remember that feeling of my first step and feeling of testimony. Read. Pray. Attend church. Keep is simple. I have some deep questions, but some things we are simply not meant to know in this life. atat.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Happy Spring Break for all of you. I love my Family. Thank you for everything.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment