Monday, March 21, 2011

It's True!!!

Hello,

Now officially the book I have read the most: The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I cannot deny that it is true. I finished on Wednesday finishing up with Ether and Moroni. And there is so so much to learn from that book! I love it so much. My testimony and knowledge about the Gospel has grown so much while on my mission and I am loving it! Everytime I read it. There is more and more to get out of it. You learn something new every single time. Joseph Smith nailed it. It is the keystone of our religion. The most correct of any book on the earth. A man will get closer to God by abiding to its precepts. I love the Book of Mormon so much. The stories, gospel, people, experiences, truth.

I hope all of you are doing well with your lives, work, school, worldly cares. I am so blessed I don't have to do any of that. I have the easy part. ;) I love being a missionary and inviting others to Christ.

Highlights of the week. Getting along with Elder Durand and Kopsa....adica Them two getting along and me being the peacemaker. Dropping them off at the gara tuesday. Picking up ELDER BETTERIDGE! Exchange Wednesday. Wake up Thursday at 4. Gara by 450. Pick up everyone in my New District (Frandsen, Eaton, Bruner-comp), drop off Elder Betteridge and get to see my companion #2 Elder BATEMAN, now my ZONE LEADER with Elder Betteridge. Pick up my companion, Elder Bruner. And then help with suitcases, wish good luck to Elder Frandsen and the BOBOC-Elder Eaton and get them a taxi and send them to their apartment. And we go back to our apartment.

Before Wednesday, did some cleaning of the other apartment with Elder Durand and Kopsa, then with Elder Betteridge. If they would have left it as it was....whew. I would have felt bad MYSELF! We needed to clean it!

Tuesday: Good day Elder Kopsa got all packed. Got a little bit of study time in. Then went to our apartment and Elder Durand packed. We went to centru a little bit for just little things to do here and there. Then did some vila knocking. Met a JW and he talked forever. Then had a good visit to two recent converts Sora Rusu and Viorica. They fed us a little salty snack and juice. Then we went to a member Sora Gyene and we had nice meal and good lesson about Ether 12:27.

Wednesday: Awesome exchange with Elder Betteridge. My second one with him already, hopefully I'll get another one with him this coming transfer. Turns out his group has 11 Elders and they are leaving about the time Pres. Lundberg is leaving the country. Then the new president is coming in, Pres. Hill. So their group got the oppotunity to extend!!! He is extending with 5 others in their group. I hope I can extend too, maybe, depending on the word of family. Eh....that is way further down the road. Not even worried about it. But my answer is YES right now. :) Today we had really good lesson with 7th day adventist, really nice guy and likes to chat. Milisin Savu. Then did some english contacting and put up posters. Member visit to the Jureschi's solid family. And 3 boys all active and great help to the branch. Then lesson with a nice older lady. She read from the Book of Mormon. Set up return visit. Then less-active member, took us forever to find his house, lives on the smallest street ever, Fratele Paniti. Really knows the gospel and been to the temple. Just in and out of activity.

Thursday: So tired. Woke up at 4. Got back to the apartment and took a nap, well tried to, think I fell asleep. Then went shopping and had some lunch. then did English with the other Elders. I have given out so many English cards!!!!! Then we had a lesson with older nice man, likes our visits, Ion Mihai. I see potential in him. Then less-active Sora Ana. Has insomnia and back problems. Then we had a lesson with really awesome guy, Razvan and his girlfriend. Great chat about Restoration and everything else.

Friday: More english contacting at the university. Then home for lunch. Went and visited people but weren't home. Then recent convert lesson with Sora Ungureanu, really nice and solid member here. Husband is not a member but I see him getting baptized in the near future.

Saturday: ENGLISH SIGN-UPS!!!!!!!!! Okay, so in Brasov for my first sign-up about 10 people came. Here only about 70 people came and signed up. Oh my gosh. If everybody comes tomorrow(Tues.) it is going to be packed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are all younger college kids so that is awesome!!!!! It was so stressful for that 1 and half hour of sign-ups. Phone calls. So many people. Questions. And lots of people and things to attend to. But it was so great. And after our time of contacting and advertising english- it paid off. Thanks Elder Durand, Zavala, and Kopsa for the help. After we had a snack in Centru, then went to another lesson with Ion. Then weekly planning and lunch. Then finished and no luck in the blocs.

Sunday: Great day today. Bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting along with all the other Elders. Elder Eaton - 5th day in the country did great. Glad I didn't have to do that for my first week in the country....instead I gave a talk the 2nd week. No biggie. Teaching Priesthood lesson the last two weeks. Playing the piano every Sunday since beginning of december. I try to do what I can. Really great Sunday meeting -Timisoara branch conference. member of the district presidency-Pres. Ursu came down and gave a great talk to us. Branch Pres Valcaneantu also gave a great talk. Sunday School about Matei 13 and Parables. Priesthood-taught about importance of scriptures. Then chatted a little bit, good turnout for Timi. 27 at church today. It's struggling but we had 2 investigators there! The other Elders had their baptismal date-PAVEL there. Getting baptized this Thursday/Friday I think! After church, went home and had lunch, then we went to less active in the branch, Munteanu and recent convert, Fratele Popsecu. Really great both families and nice people.

I love it hear in Timisoara and we have so much work to do and it's going to be a great transfer.
I wish I did it more with Elders Betteridge, Bateman, and Durand. SYL! Only speaking Romanian outside of the apartment. Elder Bruner and I are doing that and it has helped out a ton! I am learning still so much everyday and getting it down. This language. I am so grateful it is coming so easily as it does for me. A blessing I know from God. I understand people and sometimes think in Romanian and it's not so much of a translation game. Ok. What would I say in English and how do I translate that. It's comin'. Slow and steady. I love it hear in Romania. On a mission. In a growing part of the world. In a young area. The church is growing and members too. I have so much to give them and try to serve them everyday. I love you all so much and hope you all are doing well.

With transfers - means mail. Oh my gosh. I am too lucky. Seriously. I apologize I stink at replying and getting letters out, but I WILL I WILL I WILL. Thank you all for the letters: Sora Schroedter in Salt Lake City; Sora Schroedter in Sunnyvale, CA; Family in TX-3 of them!; Katie Tracy; Ashley Fairwell; McKoy Ross; Katy Stake Presidency; Grandma Ross; oh and one more or three! Letters from Taryn. AND PACKAGES. Thank you so much Steve and Jeanna for the package. AND....TBS. Thank you so much. Oh my gosh. Pics, book, candy, 3 letters, thank you T. I do not deserve what I receive. But I am so so grateful. I love all of you so much friends and family.

Have a great week. I plan on it too.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment