Monday, March 28, 2011

Can You Feel So Now?

Hello one and all,

A great scripture I love. Alma 5:26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a achange of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the bsong of redeeming love, I would ask, ccan ye feel so now?

A change of heart. I have thought a lot about so many things this past week. My first and past city has quite a great number of members but only a select few are still coming to church on a semi-regular basis. The same is happening here in Timisoara. Why would people get baptized into something they knew, they know is true and then fall away, become less active, and stop coming? There are multiple answers and they are all excuses, not an answer.

I am here on a mission for a couple different reasons. But I would say the big one is my change of heart. It's become so much greater-my calling- since I began this journey on the 8th of September 2010. I have grown it seems an immense amount in the short time of nearly 7 months and I am loving it. That song of redeeming love, I want everyone on the planet to hear and come to know the beauty of our message. You cannot pray to God, asking to know if the Book of Mormon is true, and receive an answer that it is false. Most things in life follow a law or certain course, but this is a certain thing I have found that you cannot defy. If you read the Book, you will know of the truth it holds. So long as, with a sincere heart, open mind, and real desire and intent. I can feel so now, stronger than ever, my change of heart. I want every single person in Timisoara to hear of this great and glorious message.

I hope all of you reading this can find the happiness I have found within the 531 pages of the Book of Mormon (642 pagini in Cartea Lui Mormon).

It was a great end to a good week here in the beautiful city of Timisoara. I can't not think about my Sister a few thousands miles away on her mission too. I love you Marissa so much and I look up to you so much. Stay strong. I have the best life in the world. Friends, family, school, LIFE. I love it so much. I can't release opinions about Romania, but don't let anyone tell you what it is like. I love this country so much and I know I am supposed to be here. For a reason and I am still figuring out that reason. I see so many possibilities already what it could be. There are so many people I meet everyday and I love every single one of them, no matter what. Nu conteaza. I love people. I want them to be happy. "We leave our families for two years, so others can be with theirs for eternity." Two years is nothing. I wish I could go on so many missions! I love it and will never not love it.

Last week was good.

Monday: Had lunch at the Iulius Mall-chinese food. Then went bowling. I tied for first the first game with 127 and won the second game, got a TURKEY! 157. I like bowling and it was good just getting to know the other Elders more, Elder Bruner, my companion from American Fork. Elder Frandsen from Jordan I think...(same area as Elder Nilsson from my mtc group) and Elder Eaton from Cedar Hills. All from UTAH! Texas is better. ;) After, went shopping. Then went home. Then to the church and contacting in the park. Then a good lesson with an older lady. I have talked about her a little bit before-Maria Iones. Loves to have us over and chat about Christ. Then Elder Bruner got a haircut and then went home

Tuesday: Good day. I love my District already. Only a week with them. We had a great District Meeting. Elder Frandsen is an all-star. I want to serve and be his companion! Elder Eaton is so lucky to have him as a trainer! For the day some lessons fell through/didn't happen but we had a good day of contacting. Then English class. First one of the session. 40 people were there! By the end of last session for beginner, there were 2 people. Elder Bruner and I teach beginners and other Elders teach Medium, they also had about 40 people too. Lots of colleged aged kids. And then for our spiritul thought, 17 of them stayed and we talked simply about god and faith. Then we had a lesson with Gabriela that works all the time at a little store by our house and just a really nice lady.

Wednesday: Good day. Lesson fell through in the morning. Went to the park and found an awesome younger guy. Really sad story, brother died two weeks ago and he is an orphan, 15. In three years he is going to have a place to live and a job. We gave him the Book of Mormon and met with him the next day. He already read 11 chapters in it when we met him the next day. Then lunch. Then more parks. (I love this warm weather! Timisoara is coming alive and people are actually coming outside.) After park, met cool guy in a piata (Piata Unirii-United Square basically) Big open space with benches in the middle of Timi. Then we went and did some blocs. Met cool cop that let us in. Dan and his wife lesson on BOM and returning tonight-Monday!

Thursday: Interesting lesson with 7th-day adventist Savu Milisin. He is not progressing and we'll give him some time. Then awesome lesson about Plan of salvation with Caruntu. Then lunch. Then more piata and parks. Then a potential English investigator that came up to us after tuesday. She cancelled on us. Then we walked through the campus and far east side of Timisoara, our apartment is on the north part of Timi and we are never out in the west. Usually just north and north-east.

Friday: Didn't meet with Ion. Then back home, weekly planning and lunch. Contacting in the parc in centru. Then member visit to Sora Gabi Gyene. Fed us good meal, chicken and green beans and sauce. With bread. I always love her food and it's great. Then we had a lesson with Razvan. Keep says he is coming to church but never does. Still working with him.

Saturday: Started off with English. Good turnout, not quite 40 but good retention and good amount that returned. Good spiritul thought....oh man it was tough on my part. About 15 people in the class. (that stayed for the spiritual thought) and it was on the atonement. Before we had bought a little treat to give to everyone. To accept or to not eat it. And I acted the part of Christ. If one of them took a treat, I did 5 push-ups. If one of them didn't take a treat...guess what. I did 5 push-ups. In the end I was struggling but I did the full 75. And I thought it was really great, and so true! Christ suffered for all of us, whether we "take" of the Atonement or not. Alma 7:11-13. After english, contacting in piata unirii. Lunch. Then Sora Ana, a less active and good plan of salvation lesson. Then streets and parcs. Met cool fisherman right on the canal close to our church. Then went to Gabriela and i played my first game on "table" in romania! /backgammon. I barely lost too! Dice were not in my favor. But it was fun and it was kinda a lesson and talk about the BOM.

Sunday: Went to Arad in the morning for District Conference (For all cities in the west of Romania, cities with missionaries: Arad, Timi, Oradea, and Deva) It was so great. Got to see Elders from my group, Elders Fonnesbeck, Lee, Mikolyski, and Nilsson. And my zone leaders and past companions Bateman and Betteridge. It was great and got to know some of the members in Arad and from other cities. It was a great conference. Great testimonies. Sora Lundberg read her talk in Romanian and did an awesome job. Nearly three years here and she did great. I understood every word. President Lundberg gave a great talk as well. I am not lying and not trying to be mean but Pres has a better accent than Romanians. Then from the SEVENTY! Elder Wright from England gave an awesome talk...in English and a member from Arad translated. He gave an awesome awesome talk. I loved it. Mentioned Alma 5:26. And his parents conversion story and meeting the sister that knocked into her parents. I loved the conference. Timisoara had a good turnout from the branch and even an investigator came too of the other elders that has been investigating for a while now. Then we came on home to Timi (hour and a half train ride) Made phone calls. Then had good lesson with Ion Mihai. Set up for Thursday again. Then came home.

I love it here and hope to have a good week coming up. Last week was great. I love you and hope you have a great week. Never be ashamed of the gospel of Christ.

I love Romania, Romanians, missionary work, God, Christ, my family, friends - Taryn, companions, and mission president.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment