Tuesday, April 5, 2011

ROBOT

Ciao!

This past week was really awesome. I wish I could just put everything in my mind and my thoughts and just put it into words and e-mail. Oh well. I'll try anyways.

First, I hope all of you were able to see CONFERENCE! I am excited to receive the magazine. Unfortunately I was only able to see a couple talks. The Saturday Morning Session. Perry. Stevens. Gonzalez. Richards. Cook. And Eyring. And then only the beginning of Uchtdorf's "your Road to Damascus" Sunday morning. The other Elders had an investigator that brought her laptop to the church and we met there with one of our investigators. And we watched it live! It showed here at 7PM to 9PM and we didn't stay up to watch at 11PM to 1AM and then the Priesthood at 3AM. We have to wait for the magazine, but I am willing. I wish I got more out of it, but I was instead trying to TRANSLATE for our investigator. It was tough to do word for word, because they stinkin' talk so fast, but I was able to get the gist across to him and I think he liked it. I thought I heard ROMANIA in Sister Stevens talk, but I think it was Armenia instead. Close kinda...Great talks. Hope you all can watch it. Lds.org!

Yesterday, we made our weekly visit to a store to where a lot of old guys just play backgammon, drink and smoke. The owner of the store-Gabriela, she was interested in the Book of Mormon and she has a copy, but works everyday and hasn't been able to get off for church and I don't think she is interested but we keep inviting. Through this little store we have given out many Books of Mormon to her customers and friends. But anyways last night we went there, just down the street from our apartment and had a good chat about why we are here. Actually our neighbor in our apartment complex/bloc lives a floor above us was there. Name is Cipri and he is a very interesting character. He asks us questions about our religion and we talked about the Book of Mormon. He was born Orthodox but is not practicing. He said, "I respect you, because you believe something." Another neighbor, Sandu was there and other guy, Eujen. But Cipri was the most curious and was the first time I have seen him and talked to him. It was hard for him to understand why we do what we do as missionaries. All the rules and restrictions. It was the point he called us 'robots' - Brainwashed is what I got from it. Having so many rules. We are so young. Why do we "waste" our time doing what we do? We are at the prime in our lives...etc. My answer for him and you who are wondering why I would "use" two of my years to do this mission. Because, I know something very simple and true. Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I know this church is true. I know other churches are great and have a part of the truth, but our church is THE ONLY true church on the Earth. You probably won't believe me and think I am just saying that like every other church. "We are the only true church." But it is true! Simply pray to know and read the Book of Mormon and you will know what I know. This church has brought me the greatest happiness in my life. And I want so badly to share this message with others. People all over the world are searching for the truth and only kept from it because they know not where to find it. PEOPLE NEED OUR MESSAGE. I want others to see the light, know the truth, and be happy. Therefore, I am here. I can leave today, but I don't want to. My choice. I choose to stay and bless the lives of others. An invitation for all. People reject us and say they "know" all about us. I think if they truly knew all about us, they would be members...just my opinion though. Could be wrong. ;)

I love this church.

Studies this past week have been going well. Still in 3 Nephi reading in Romanian and loving it. Tough, but I learn everyday. Finished Chapter 20 today and hope to finish soon. In Preach My Gospel I finished up to Chapter 6 -Christlike Attributes and learning a lot and finding great scriptures for me and for investigators I want to use.

Monday last week...Went and had lunch at Pizza Hut at the mall. Then came back into Centru to go to a museum about the Revolution in 1989. That actually started right here in Timisoara. I didn't even realize I walk right by that exact place every single day. In centru and right by our church, Piata Maria. The museum was different. Had some pretty gruesome pictures about victims and casualties. I want to learn more about for sure when I return to the States. The only Communist country that overthrew Soviets with violence. I forget the phrase....Today Timisoara? Tomorrow Romania! Watched a couple videos about it and what not. After that, went shopping then home. Then went and gave a younger mom a Book of Mormon. Her child just passed away about 6 months ago and she said we could come back, but she wasnt home so we left it at her door. With a note and our number. Then went and visited another potential, but wasn't home. Finished night with the blocs.

Tuesday: Morning, District Meeting was awesome as usual. After had good lesson with Caruntu. Friend from the park. He is progressing and reading. Lives outside of Timisoara so it's tough for him to come to church, hopefully he can find a way. Working on him for next Sunday. I feel really good about him and he is our best investigator right now. Then met old guy in the park and he came up to me, Nicolae, had discussion about Restoration and Joseph Smith, set up for later next week. Then had a sandwich at a little stand by the park. Then had English class. It went well. I love teaching English so much. It really is a lot of fun. I try to keep it light and make them learn. About 25 students today. Then Spiritul thought. After, short lesson with Titus. Old investigator from last year. He is nice younger guy and interested in learning. Then we went and visited some potentials.

Wednesday: Good day some lessons didn't happen but that's ok. Some good contacting in the park and calling people from the area book. Old and potential investigators. Then lesson in the park with a younger girl whose parents investigated the church two years ago. She was really nice and said she would read and pray. Then lesson with a less active who actually gave us about 45 referrels!!!!!!!!!!!!! Usually we get about one a week and he gives us a huge list of friends, acquantences, family, colleagues, everybody! We called through them this week and set up with about 8 of them! for next/this coming week.

Thursday: Awesome day today. Planned a lot and accomplished it all. Morning. Good lesson with Irina. She thinks our church is true and also her church the Orthodox. She reads and prays. But just doesn't know it yet. After her, good lesson with English student-Marius, nice guy and in college. Then with Ana, struggling and always says she is like Job. Husband died a few years ago and doesnt' have a house. Sister rejects her. Has no one basically. Really nice lady. Then lunch at home. Then went to Nicolae who I met in the park. Talked about the Book of Mormon and he said he would read. Then met with up Titus again in Piata Unirii and had a good chat about Book of Mormon and all his questions.

Friday: Morning, visited Branch President Valcaneantu. Nice family. Served us hot dog-like meat and kinda like meatloaf but Romanian version. Had good lesson about being united as a branch. Then lesson with Caruntu in the park. Still reading and says he likes it. Then we went to the church for a little bit. Then park contacting. Home for weekly planning and made some phone calls for all our refferels!

Saturday: English went well. Then went to Maria and had a good lesson with her. Just a nice lady but not too interested. Then Lesson in the parcul botanic. Then again met with Titus and went to the church, watched conference and tried to translate, then home

Sunday: Church was ok. Testimony meeting was crazy. Played the piano. Taught the Priesthood lesson again. After had a lesson with Titus. Then home for lunch. Then went and contacted in the park and to the church. Then contacting in the parks.

It was a great week here in Timisoara. Probably one of my best yet in my mission. Hope you all have a great week. Watch conference and tell me your favorite talk. Love you.

Love,

Elder Schroedter



No comments:

Post a Comment