Monday, April 11, 2011

Nothing Can!!

Ciao din nou! va iubesc pe voi toti!

It was a good week here in Timisoara and I hope you are all doing well. This past week got first sunburn, played basketball, had lunch ONE time at the apartment, English class, probably one of the best lessons ever, getting cancelled multiple times, having fun doing the work of the Lord, interviews with President Lundberg for the last time, and perfecting Romanian.

I love this message we have. I have learned so much in such a little time it seems. I love the Bible and Book of Mormon and words of the prophets. Preach My Gospel study is going great. This morning I read about finding people. And I find myself quick to judge a person, but I have gotten better. I don't really hear their words but I try to hear their heart. Their true desires and what they want and what they need. I know everybody that doesn't have this message needs it, but I do know that everybody has their time and plan in life. That exact moment when they hear some exact word and begin to accept. I know the field is white already to harvest, but some days, I don't do the harvesting, but simply make it more white for a missionary down the road to reap the benefits of my work. I am working hard and expecting to reap what the Lord has in plan for me. I have already reaped so much happiness in the actions of others and simply knowing I tried my best and extended their invitation. Everyone needs this gospel. We never know what we say, do, or show where someone, hears, watches, or observes and our example has an impact. We never know who will accept or deny our message. We invite all. I invite all.

A great scripture I want to share is found in Romans 8:35-39

35
Who shall separate us from the alove of Christ? shall btribulation, or distress, or cpersecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36As it is written, For thy sake we are akilled all the day long; we are accounted as bsheep for the slaughter.

37Nay, in all these things we are amore than bconquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to aseparate us from the blove of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Last night (it seems like all great things happen Sunday night, when we don't have any lessons planned and we meet someone amazing!!!) But we meet Florin. Bloc knocking and I talk to him about our message and he just stops and says in perfect English, just like uh, yeah, you guys are, he knows all about us and is a super nice guy. He says, I'd like to let you in but it's really dirty and what not and said that a couple times. He knows about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and everything. We go in and just have a chat and he asks us a lot of questions. And he said that his parents were one of the first people contacted in Timisoara when missionaries were sent here from Bucuresti. He is about 30 years old. Lost his job a couple years ago. Lives with his girlfriend. Hasn't been to church for a while and wants to change. He feels guilt for his sins in the past and wants to be clean. It was so perfect! We talked about Isa 1:18; Rom 8:38-39; Matt 7:7 and other scrips. Probably the 2nd favorite lesson of the week. He has never been to America or any english speaking country but speaks English with an Eastern coast accent flawlessy. I hope he goes somewhere. I know HE needs our message.


Monday: was fun, we played some basketball together with Elder Frandsen and Eaton and with a couple of our investigators - Caruntu, Razvan and Deju and couple of their friends from school. We played for about hour and a half or so. That's where I got sunburned, but nothing too bad. Then in the evening had a interesting lesson with an Ana, in a tough situation and it was our last lesson with her until she calls us. I think she is leaving the country with her sister and she is taken care of. For 3 years she lost her house, her husband died, doesn't have any children and I think that same sister totally rejected her and didn't help her out at all. She doesn't have a pension or a job at all. Then after her we made some phone calls - that huge list of 45 people we received from a member to call and invite to investigate our church. Wheat from the tares. None of them were very interested but most people are nice about it. I have been hung up on a lot, calling former investigators and people past missionaries have talked to.

Tuesday: Good day. APRIL 5, 2011. I will never forget that awesome lesson with Caruntu. It went perfect and he simply bore his testimony at the end and it was so so good. I love Caruntu and can't wait to meet with him on Tuesday. He can't come to church right now because he lives about 25 km outside of Timi but he is trying and think he has a place to move here in Timi. Hope it all works out. Best lesson ever. Then had a good lesson with Marius - english student. He is beginning to read and slowly progress. Then long chat with Ciprian, if you remember me talking about him. He is an eternal investigator wants to learn more and HAVE THE PROOF that the Book of Mormon is true, that things are missing from the bible, he loves to learn and meet with us, but he just won't pray! I like Ciprian a lot though. He would make such an awesome next Branch Pres. here in Timi.

Wednesday: Cancellation day. Sheesh. Hate it when people don't show up or cancel but it happens. I forgive and forget. I get over it. Had lesson with old guy Petru. Not interested right now in his life. Then lesson with Irina (daughter going to byu and member) she will come from time to time to church and I thought it was a good lesson about faith and Christ. Then lesson in the evening with Titus. Old investigator and loves to meet up. Had super in depth Plan of Salvation lesson and he really liked it and ate it up.

Thursday: Marius in the morning. Park contacting here and there. Then interviews with President Lundberg and talking to the Asstistents Elder Mathis and Bennett. Then went home for lunch/dinner already time. Then calls, then visited Adi and Cipri at the magazine playing table/backgammon.

Friday: Good lesson with Caruntu and Razvan. They are both just so awesome and reading and progressing. Caruntu knows it is true. He knows it! Lesson about the gospel of Jesus Christ - the 5 steps. Then had a good lesson with Cori, a referrel from a member, chatted about him and first visit with him, had been to church but not too interested. Then went to Sora Gabi for a meal and good chat and lesson about the branch and what we need to do. She is such a solid member and wants it to be better.

Saturday: English went well. Only 2 more classes this coming week (Tues. and Sat.) Then met with a student, Marian, he seems really cool. Going to college here in Timi, lives in Arad and commutes usually every weekend back and forth. Then had a shoarma (4th one in Romania) I like them but they are not my favorite. Met cool guy from Germany that knew all about our church and he talked a lot! English very little and I think just 5 other languages. Then met with Nicolae in the park, good lesson and invited him to church and he came! Then contacting and met with Titus again. Good lesson about his readings and watched the Restoration movie.

Sunday: Church went well. Playing the piano is going just great. Good talks from Sora Negriu, Popescu, and Nedelcu. Then Investigator/Recent Convert class was good. Nicolae participated and argued a little bit. Exodus 20:3-5 Talked about prayer and he has a problem with "icoane" icons! We'll talk to him about that. Then Priesthood. We continued our lesson on Christ - I taught it and thought it went really well. After went to Sora Negriu for a meal and talked with less active son, Niki. Then to the church. Then parks. House for phone calls and pick up some materials. Then blocs where we had a really quick lesson with Manuel and then met Florin.


Overall. It was an awesome week and I love being busy and effective. "Don't confuse busyness with effectiveness." Don't worry. I don't. I hope you all had a great week. Things are going great in Timisoara and I meet so many people everyday. Every and each one of us - a child of God. Each with a purpose in life. Be true to the faith.


I love my family. Mum and Dad! Shelby, Garrett, Marissa, Grant and Caleb. And no more less, but maybe more ;) Josh, Aubrey, Kristi, Brodie, Elsie, Millie, Chase and Taryn. I love you.


Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment