Monday, April 18, 2011

No One Is Alone

Hello!

So....Saturday night, I get a call from a member calling me and basically said, Can you call the Branch President for me? I have had guests at my house all day today and yesterday and haven't had anytime at all to write a talk for church tomorrow. I call President and just tell him....eh I'll give it. Then called the member back and told her everything was alright. So yesterday I gave a talk. Barely prepared at all but I thought I did a good job. About 15-20 minutes. I used the talk from two years ago April 2009 - Elder Holland. Nimeni nu a fost cu El. No one was with Him. One of my favorite talks and very comforting. Giving my talk I didn't really want to but I read a lot from the talk just because it puts it so well. All that Christ did for us. I can't even imagine what it must have been like. but everyday I am more and more grateful for that amazing, miraculous, and infinite, atoning, sacrifice. The Atonement means so much to me and I have seen it change lives in the course of my life. It is truly an amazing thing. Even though while on the cross Jesus felt that absence of His Father, that spiritual death, we will never have to go through that, IF we make the right choices and are smart. We can always have Heavenly Father with us through the Holy Ghost. I know that to be true.

I can't believe next week is transfers!!!!!!!!! Where does time go sometiems?! This transfer I think I have worked the hardest and I have never been happier. It's been tough with a little bit of a cold but I am getting better. Working even more, takes a while to get better, but honestly I am fine. We are going to a city of LIPOVA in a hour from right now. And hence, this e-mail is shorter than the rest. IERTATI-MA! This transfer and last transfer I have worked so hard. I love Elder Bruner. I am grateful for him. He pushes me and encourages me to talk to that person or that person. I am grateful for our friendship and companionship unity; we have had some really great lessons with our investigators and less active members. I hope to serve another one with him, but I have a feeling I am leaving Timi. But we will see next week!

Investigators:
Titus-havent been able to meet with him! I think he is moving in a couple weeks to Italy. He is so close to accepting and being baptized. I know it. We are good friends-us three and regardless that friendship will last.

Caruntu-still reading and says he will get baptized. He finds out today when he can move here to Timi. Now lives about 25 km out of Timi and comes in every weekday for school and out there for the weekends...so coming to church is a problem for him, but he knows it is true and he WILL get baptized. I know it. And his friend...

Razvan is so awesome and progressing. Reads really fast and about to pass up Caruntu. Not sure where he will go, but he wants to learn more and likes to meet with us. Speaks English with a British accent. And speaks English very well.

Irina, whose daughter is a member. Comes to church every now and again. Still reading the BOM. She says it is true. Her other daughter is Catholic and against us, which is holding her back.

From English Class, that ended this week and I thought it was really fun. I finished a class with Betteridge, Started one with Bateman, and finished with Durand, and now started AND finished with Bruner. It went well and I think our class really enjoyed it. The only way you can learn a language is to speak. The thing I love about this transfer is outside the apartment and even inside the apartment we speak ROMANIAN! I have learned so much and am progressing tons. I love Romanian and am nearly fluent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not really but getting there. Have met some awesome people and given out about 15 BOM through English and working with Bianca, Marian, and Marius. They are all doing well and at the curious stage and learning more about us.

Ciprian, have a lesson tonight and that should go really well. He just needs to pray with that real intent. He knows all our doctrine and beliefs.

And we are working with others, but just kinda gliding along. Hope to get a couple baptismal dates set up for next transfer. Timisoara needs YOUTH!

Yesterday, it was great to meet Elder Norris...now Brother Norris that served here in 2004-2006 with FRATELE IRION! He has a job here. He was here last year starting it up. And now here for two weeks. I remember hearing his voice while in the MTC when we listened to General Conference - he translated! I hope to be that good someday! VOM VEDEA.

We are off to LIPOVA now!. Hope you have a great week. Read your scriptures everyday. Pray everyday. Church every week. It really is the small and simple things that matter. And find comfort that you are never alone. Count how many times in the Bible, BoM, and D&C. MANA MEA ESTE INCA INTINSA. He is always with us, for better or for worse. I know he loves each and everyone of us.

I love you and hope you have a great week.

GRANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! And Nicolas Ross! Happy Birthday. Hey. You both need to meet me halfway. Watch out for Pablo. :)

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment