Monday, May 23, 2011

CARRY ON!!!

It was a good Zone Conference and training up in Arad. Could have been a better weekend but that's ok. Grant. I thought of you a lot. Something I love and will always think of you. "Hope for the best, Plan for the worst." I was really hoping for the best last Saturday, but unfortunately Ana was not yet baptized. And also Caruntu did not come to church so he cannot yet be baptized, but that's okay. I was hoping so much. And it's funny how often we use the word "hope" and don't really mean it. "oh ok, yeah, I hope I can." "I hope so" "hopefully" You hope for something thinking it will happen, other wise you wouldn't hope for it. Or is it something you think is impossible and you simply hope things'll work out. It's both I would say. You can hope for the impossible. The feeling that events will turn out for the best. I love the intertwinity of hope, charity, and faith. It's hard to have one without the other. And hope is the first step. If you even have a "glitter" of hope in something. It counts, no matter how small. Hope is the anchor of the soul. And when plans don't always work out, hope is what keeps us going. Although, things don't always work out the way we plan. We have to continue to hope for the best, never giving in or giving up. Simply- Carry On. The worst will sometimes happen, but life is not easy. It wasn't meant to be easy. Things have to not work out so we can appreciate things when they do work out. Hope is the power that creates faith. Increasing in faith will increase your charity and hope.

I hope Ana will be baptized. I hope Caruntu will receive permission. I hope people will listen. I hope for the best.

Last Monday, it was fun playing frisbee in the rain with the District. Then went home and was beat tired. That night had a really good lesson with Ana about prayer reading from True to the Faith. And receiving answers. Gave her time to prayer by herself and she didn't feel scared at all. It was one of the best lessons I have had. Simple and powerful. We also gave her a gift with our testimonies written inside of Preach My Gospel. She fasted Tuesday and prayed Wednesday and tried to find the answer. Thursday had a lesson where she just said she was not ready. She needs time simply and she was kinda of forced to set that baptismal date but I know the Holy Ghost never lets me down and he'll come in my time of need. He is the senior companion. And we have yet to meet again.

Caruntu. Knows all the lessons backwards, diagnolly, sideways, and forwards! And while upside-down looking in a mirrior. He is so so ready. Didn't come to church so we have to wait. Plus, he has to have a way to be able to come to church every week in the future. His guardians are against it. He knows it's 100% true and knows he needs to be baptized. Wish he was 18. Had really good lesson with him about missionary work and about him serving a mission. I'd definitely help him in 4 years time. That's you Grant!

Tuesday and Wednesday. Up in ARAD! I love President Lundberg. My Assistants Elders Frandsen and Bennett. Zone Leaders Bateman and Finch. And everyone in my zone. 7 cities were there. 2 zones. My city was there! - Brasov. Along with Sibiu, Cluj, Arad, Oradea, Deva, and Timisoara. I love my cities. I love my people. Reminded of important things to include in my teaching contacting and daily life while I am serving and living as a missionary. I can do a lot better and need to do a lot better. Met some cool people contacting up in Arad. Had 28 missionaries in that city contacting for 2 hours! Training was Tuesday and Zone Conference was Wednesday then got a ride from the Assistants and President back to Timisoara.

Later on in the week met some awesome people and HOPEFULLY they will keep their word and meet up with us later that we talked to on the street. Working with lots of people and it's sad to see people stop meeting up with us and simply reject it. We invite.

Supposedly, The end of the world was just this last Saturday? Anyone hear anything about that. Had some interesting people get...mad at us for being. People biking by. Walking by. There were some posters that were up that said. Prepare for 21 May. Vino sfarsitul lumii. I don't think it happened...but it maybe did and I simply didn't find out about it. To me it was the end of the world though. Two people that had baptismal dates were not baptized. :( But that's okay. They have a plan. Everyone has a plan and we have to hope when we don't know.

HOPE you have a great week and you are all happy. I am so happy despite the hard times we all go through. "You can't let the small things get you down." --Elder Eaton. I love that Elder so much. I need to show it more. Hope he doesn't hate me too much.

I love you all so much. Have a great week. You don't have a choice. Make it what you want. Be hopeful.

Love,

Elder Schroe

No comments:

Post a Comment