Monday, May 2, 2011

What Am I To Do? ENDURE!

It is the hardest step of the five and the longest. Enduring to the end. Lives. Missions. Tasks. Projects. Books. Days. Weeks. Hours. Transfers. EVERYDAY. It's about enduring to the end. Oh man. Yesterday was a crazy day. Church, I was all over the place. Got there early. Set up piano. Put out hymn books. Helped with Sacrament set up. Said hello to members. Played prelude music. First picked hymns...actually chorister chose them and I confirmed. Practiced. Senior Couple came. One investigator. 2 investigators for the other Elders. I played piano. Said opening prayer. Praying for members to bear GOOD testimonies....some trouble last month. I bore my testimony. Conducted next hour for Sunday School. Then helped the Senior Couple (from Arad) They wouldn't always understand and I would just give a recap for them in English. Then closed and talked more with members. Then Priesthood. Usually have the lesson, but they asked me to play the piano to practice some with the Relief Society did that for about 10 minutes. So Elder Cooper, I AM REALLY SORRY. I handed the lesson over to him. Thank you so much Man!!!!! Really am sorry. Then I came in. Tried to participate and help out. Then closed. Said prayer. Then played again for RS to close. Whew. Then church ended. Cleaned up books. Piano. Then passed out on the ground. Just kidding. Then went home and had lunch. Then actually I tried calling all the members - all the less actives. We have a lot of them and I wish they would just come back and be active. It is a very tough situation.
We have great investigators. They love meeting with us. We have to get the members involved though. Because we come and go. Members are so important - that's how people are truly baptized and stay active. For example. The last two baptisms here is Timisoara. I haven't seen either one at church for a month or so. Dec '10 and Feb '11 (that I was here for). And we try to visit and encourage them. We need the members. We need the help of the members to make our investigators into Saints and members. I am working on it....

But uh, last week I totally forgot to tell about the other Elders. Eaton and Frandsen. They have 2 baptismal dates for the 21st of May. And last week we met with Caruntu twice and he has a date now on the 28th of May. So now I have 3 dates! I sure hope they work out. I feel the best for Caruntu because I know him the best. The other dates: Ana and Ina seem pretty solid. Ina has read the Book of Mormon in less than a month nearly! She is nearly to Mormon and has about 100 pages as of last night when we met with her. She said she'd try to finish last night. Need to call her. She needs to understand the gravity of this situation, the importance of the Priesthood! That one church today actually has the Priesthood of God. It was a good lesson last night but we still have to meet with her often. She wants to be 100% sure and we want her to be sure. No forcing. Only Inviting others to Christ.

Then Ana. Met missionaries last year. Caught up on deep doctrine. Has read all of D&C and POGP...tonight we have a lesson about last chapters in Abraham...what was he thinking about writing that deep doctrine that we can't, don't, and don't need to understand in this life. KEEP IT SIMPLE ABE!!!!! It's alright though. Because there is only one question with our message. Is the Book of Mormon true? And she knows it is true as well as Ina and Caruntu. They need to realize they need to take this step on to baptism. THEY NEED NEED NEED TO. We all do if we haven't taken it yet. And renew that covenant we make at baptism every Sunday. No excuses. Straight up. Keep the Sabbath Day Holy. Follow the Commandments, the truth shall set you free. You don't even know how happy you will be.

Yesterday I bore my testimony on the last 4 words of Nephi, the son of Lehi in the 2 book of Nephi. Easy scripture for you all to memorize. Ready? 4 words in English but 6 in Romanian. "I MUST OBEY. AMEN." I want to memorize it. the scripture is probably more easier than the reference- and in romanian (Eu trebuie sa ma supun. Amin) ATAT!!!!! We gotta do it. Have to obey. That is the key to endurance! everyday will be hard. Bineinteles! I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it would be worth it.

Caruntu. I love that kid so much. He didn't come to church but it's understandable. He doesn't even live here! He IS moving here to Timi and is going to be a sweet member in this church. Elder Bruner left him with a white church shirt and we bought a tie together for him and for Razvan his other friend who is progressing, but not quite as fast. I am so excited for Caruntu. He wore his shirt and tie when we met on Thursday. It was sad to see Elder Bruner leave Tuesday. I met with caruntu with Elder Eaton, the new companion! And it was a great lesson. I love saying the invitation. At the perfect moment and he accepted. Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the proper authority?

Many other investigators and we are trying to get them all progressing. It's all about understanding. Feeling the Holy Ghost. And knowing the Book of Mormon is true. All other things fall in place. It's going to be a great week.

I love the scriptures. Reading now in the New Testament and Doctrine and Covenants. One of my favorite themes in the scrips:
aWith men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are bpossible. Mark 10:27

And in Doctrine and Covenants I find so much to relate to me on the mission and love it so much.
But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine aeyes are upon you. I am in your bmidst and ye cannot csee me; D&C 38:7

God is always with us. Never forget that. Choose the Right. Have a great week. Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's, Grandma's, Great-Grandma's and future Moms. I am so grateful for all the motherly figures in my life. Especially in my family. Marissa and Shelby. I love you so much. And Mom. I don't know where I would be without you. I love you so much and I never want you to forget that. You are the best. I am so grateful and thankful for you in my life. I know families ARE together forever. So grateful for the Temple. I love you Mom.

And to all the rest. I love you FAMILY! And Friends. And my DISTRICT and their families. Elder Cooper. Elder Hyatt. And Elder Eaton.

-Elder Schroedter



No comments:

Post a Comment