Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We Are Who We Strive To Become.

Everyday is a gift from God. I hope we all strive to make the most of this life. To be better today than yesterday and tomorrow to be better then today. Who do you want to become? I want to become the best missionary I can be. Not the best in the mission, but the best for God. To have others (non-members) see me and wonder why I am here? To listen and feel the power of the Holy Ghost. I want to do everything I can to help every single person I talk to. I strive everyday to take a step forward. Maybe a couple backward, but always a couple more forward. Always forward. TO BE BETTER. To strive. To excell. To learn. To enjoy. To Become.

It was a good week this past week. Getting some work done here with Elder Eaton. I love my people here. Timisoara will probably be my favorite city ever. Met some really great people and had some sweet lessons with the other elders: Cooper and Hyatt. Played some frisbee last Monday and got to get to know them a little better. Then that night had a really good lesson with Ana. Talked about Jsh 1:15-20 she needs that solid testimony that Joseph Smith did all that he did. Later...Thursday met up again and had a good lesson where we watched Joseph Smith, Prophet of the Restoration and she really enjoyed it. She is so ready and one of my favorites hands down.

Caruntu. He is so ready. Met with him three times this week. Talking about the baptism and how it will go. Who he wants to do it? And a problem with his legal guardians he needs that written consent and I am working on being able to call them hopefully today and talk to them about Caruntu. He wants to be baptized so bad. He came to church yesterday and it was awesome to see him there. Really enjoyed it and met all the members. I love caruntu too. Met again and talked about the Priesthood. He is excited to be able to receive it.

Met with Ina one time and since then haven't been able to contact her! ugh. Talked about Joseph again and read from history and bore simple testimony about him. She believes the internet rather than our words.

Weds. Met the coolest guy. Calin. I know he would definitely be baptized here in Timi if he were staying. He is moving this week to Paris. Young guy and was really interested and super prepared for the gospel.

An old investigator. He is learning Japanese. I was surprised to see his paper and tell right away, hey that's Japanese. His name is Iosif and really cool. Older but he gave us his address and hope to meet with him again soon.

Couple lessons got cancelled. People are uncommited sometimes and that's okay. Their decision. I still love and keep trying to invite. Bold but not overbearing.

Met up with Valeria. Been an investigator for a while (if 5 years is a while). She wants to be baptized, but lives with her husband/but really a boy friend. Doesn't even love him but she won't kick him out. We meet with her and she comes to church pretty regularly.

Alexandra. Awesome young mom. Has a three year old kid and it was a really great lessons. Listened to the talk by Pres. Monson (Apr. 2009 Sun Morning Last talk) about the future is as bright as your faith. Talked a lot about trials and why they happen. The purpose of life. Talked a little again about the plan of salvation and how we are that we might have joy.

Mircea. Like him a lot. He came to church last week but couldn't find it. He called us and I didn't hear it in my pocket. Felt so bad. He said he'd come yesterday but never did. Have had good two lessons with him. Met him in the park and I feel really good about him. Older but really sincere and accepting.

Along with some other people here and there, it was a good week. Visiting members, recent converts, and less actives. We stay busy and I really like it. Try to talk to all who are put in our path. You never know who will accept out glad message for the world. Be an example of the believers. Where ever and when ever. I enjoy working with Elder Eaton. I dont think he hates me too bad. ;) He is a great missionary and I love him.

I am looking forward to zone conference and special training to look at how I do things. Regroup and do better everyday. It's the small days every single day that make a lifetime- in the course of eternity...our life on earth is 3 minutes and 27 seconds. Will we choose the right? I am really trying. Not just because I am missionary, but as a missionary, I see things in a different perspective. Hope you have a great week everyone. I love all of you.

Dad, mom, Shelby, Garrett, Marissa, Grant and Caleb. You all mean so much to me. I love you.
And you all know as well, Josh, Aubrey, Kristi, Brodie, Elsie, Millie, Chase and Taryn.

love,

Elder Schroe


No comments:

Post a Comment