Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to the West

I can't wait. Have an awesome future ahead of me. Going to the beautiful city of Arad. Been there on multiple occasions for Zone Conference, District Conference while serving in Timisoara. And I have the great blessing and opportunity to be visiting not only Deva and Oradea, but also Timisoara. A dream come true to return to that city. I have heard great things about Arad and am really looking forward to it. I will be with Elder Schank, he has been a branch president in Bacau and he is in the same group as Elder Veenendaal. I can't believe my group, we are all growing up so fast! This transfer was Me, Elder Green and Fonnesbeck as zone leaders. Now Elder Mikolyski and Nilsson are joining us. I love my cities here so much Constanta and Ploiesti. They are both so awesome and have sweet members and investigators. I'll miss them both and especially here in Mihai Bravu. They are the best ever and I love all of the members so much. Great people and I can't wait to come back to visit. I know I'll be back. Have plenty of time to do that. Another big group of missionaries are coming in. 8 elders and 3 soras. So lots of trainers again. And another senior couple that will be joining me in Arad. Little chapped off because the senior couple now in Arad (the Howells) will be moving to work in Ploiesti! Sure! Right when I get there, they leave me! I always loved talking with them when they came down to Timisoara or when I went up to Arad. They are awesome people. In my district right now us 6 missionaries I am the only one leaving! Elder Newton will be with Elder Nilsson. Elder Lee remains with Jones and Sora Hansen will be with Sora Holman. I'll miss them. Can't believe it's Sora Hansen's last transfer already! Sheesh!
It was a good week this past week. Talking to lots of people and meeting all of the sorts and all cool ones and some a little not so receiving and nice, but that's alright. I focus on the positive as always. Finally made contact again with Florin, after three weeks...and as I leave! Hopefully he'll be baptized here soon. Silvia finally answered her phone and she is doing well. Hope she meets up with us again....And many others. Mircea is so awesome and golden. Iulian. Harry. Carmen. Corina. There are so many people we meet with every day and consistently. They are so close!
I wish I could sometimes make people read the Book of Mormon. My job is to invite them, and simply by bearing testimony, they will want to realize it. And those elect will realize it. Nothing can ever make you believe. We all need to read the Book of Mormon. It'll change your life only if you let it. Never forget that. Read it as a history book, sure. But the next time read it as you would the Bible, study it and meditate (chibzuiti) upon the message of it. You can know that what it contains is true. If you believe in Christ, you WILL believe in these words. You can study all the history of the people related to the book, the prophets during that time and relatives, but they were simply working and doing what God told them to do. You have an amazing opportunity. To hold the proof of their work. And if it's true, the rest is history. Just read it.
English class ended last Saturday. It went well, no investigators from it but hopefully next time, I hear the classes are doing well up in Arad. Excited to see! I still can't believe I am going there! When Elder Betteridge became zone leader he started here in Mihai Bravu for two, the Arad for two, then back to Panduri (Bucuresti West....) We shall see what happens in the near future. Like Father, Like Son. And I plan on living up to that phrase. All three of my Fathers.
Next time, I'll just be two steps in Arad. I love you Mihai Bravu and Bucuresteni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great week because I will too. You get out of it what you want to.




No comments:

Post a Comment