Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Luckily, I Will Be Staying Another Year!!

Haha well, it was a crazy week! From my group from the MTC (12 of us) 11 remain in the country and 2 of us are in Bucuresti. Me and Elder Lee. And the office elders when we came into the country, actually my past companion Elder Veenendaal and Elder Boehme. They messed up on our visas and instead of two years they only had the visas last one year. So this past week on a two day exchange with Elder Lee we went with the Office Elders to get our visas renewed. (elders miner and herman) We went and did what we did the first week in the country. To the hospital to get our physical and then the next day to go to the visa place and do all that stuff. So we got very lucky and things all went through and I will be able to finish my mission for another year. Other wise I would have had to go home in November and finsih off my mission in the States, if that. But I am glad I will be staying another year.

I apologize, last week, huge holiday, don't know how I could forget. The mother of the Lord! Mother Mary! But it was a pretty big thing here and everyone got off work and caused us to change some of our plans for P-day, not able to do all that we wanted. Oh well. But it was a good holiday, did nothing special. Hope you all enjoyed yours.

Like I said we had a good exchange with Elder Lee and not only did visa work but able to do lots of contacting and visited a member family, part member. The Firaru's. I like them a lot. Awesome family. Had a couple good lessons in Parcul Cismigiu and contacting others all on the way. Then me and Elder Newton are working on visiting all the members in Mihai Bravu....all the members in our Sector. Sector 2. Which is a ton of people and lots of work that we have cut out for us. I hope I stay another with Newton to get it started for future missionaries. I am excited to see what happens. Lots of less actives we have to work with here especially in Bucuresti.

English classes are small but we have some faithful and really cool students. no investigators from it, but they stay for spiritual thoughts and we try and make it fun, teaching the advance class this time around.

Church, about to hurt somebody! I translated again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only for the Wolsey's but also for President and Sora Hill! Fratele Stanciu knows I can do it so he just makes me do it. But I like it and makes me really listen and just getting me ready for general conference in a couple years when i'll be translating there....maybe. Last night again we went Plan of Salvation contacting this time in Parcul Tineretului, lots of cool people we met and got some phone numbers and a few appointments. Lots of people came up to us and I love drawing it and talking to people.

It was an awesome week. Elder Newton and I are working hard and I am loving it. Just trying to work hard and do what's right. Love my study time. Now in Numbers in the Old testament. Alma in the Book of Mormon. And Chapter 3 in Preach My Gospel. I love it and love learning. Hope you all have a great week this week! I love all of you. Thursday'll be such a good day! Make it a good one! I will too.

Thanks Mom so much for all you do.


1 comment: