Tuesday, August 9, 2011

MIGHT

Something Sora Hill said with me this past week in an interview with her and President Hill. "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ" as quoted in the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants. We know the end from the beginning, so why do we do what we do? Talking and inviting people to Christ, when eventually no matter what they will all bow one day? The answer is easily complicated. But simply put, because people need to realize it in this life and not the one to come. We preach the gospel because we know people are searching for the truth. We are told to by Christ. God loves all His children and wants to give everyone the opportunity. We have something that makes us happy and want others to also be happy. And at the same time it builds our own testimony in the bearing of it, we learn so much in such a short amount of time. I am here because I want to be here. I know God needs me and has a plan for me. He wants me to be happy. And also I need to meet someone here in Romania. To change them or for them to change me. We are all connected in the eternal plan of our Heavenly Father. I would be so selfish if I wasn't here, keeping something so precious to myself and not sharing and preaching the gospel. Not a lot of people seem to keen to listen, but I know their hearts are being softened each and every day, opening up for the true gospel. I want to have not a single regret, and I am so blessed to serve here in the heart of the mission. The power house of Bucuresti. It is where it was started and where we have the most strength. I know I need to be here.

A word I was thinking a lot about today. "Might" it is an interesting and deep word that is hard to explain. Sometimes meaning strength, power, vigor, force, or energy. What does it mean to serve with all one's might? The power or ability to accomplish and do. I am trying to serve with the might in all its power and in what the words describes. D&C 4 is repeated many times and it means so much to me. I love those verses so much. They mean a lot. Thrusting in my sickle with all my might! Working the plow and sowing with all my might. Awesome word.

It was a good week for me and Elder Newton. Silvia was out of town. Florin, only met once. Hopefully baptized this or next week. Harry, still meeting and doing well. He came to church. Iulian, haven't met for a while, just once last week. Had a really good lesson with Elder Awerkamp in Ploiesti. Such a solid missionary and still perfecting his language skills. He does really well though. Knows it like a champ. We had a really good lesson with 3 people. Aurel, Madalina, and Lori. I think a couple and a friend. Awesome lesson about the Plan of Salvation. I hope to be able to visit them when I get a chance to go back to Ploiesti. I love my 3 cities of Buc, Constanta, and Ploiesti. We have some awesome missionaries and so so much potential to grow.

Last week was also Mission Council with all the Zone Leaders. I love all of them so much! Elder Bateman. Assistants Finch and Frandsen. From my group Elders Fonnesbeck and Green. And lots of other great Elders with Pres. Hill and Sora Hill. talked about the logistics of a stake and we are actually really close. Just have to have a good 5 wards. Still room to grow and working on it. Bucuresti is where it needs to happen for sure. Had another meeting this morning with Buc Zone Leaders (east and west zone) with District President, such a great guy, and President Hill. Talked a lot about visiting less active members and such an important key they will be to having this stake and building up the church. Lots and lots of members here in Bucuresti but only a handful come.

It was a hot week here. Little rain. But me and Elder Newton are working hard as ever and loving it. Talking to lots of people and sharing the good news. Everyone needs it. They just don't know it. Working on working up my might and making it greater and greater everyday. Thanks so much Mom and Family for the package of candy and journal. Love you so much and thanks for some letters from Elder Stockdale in Czech, Laurel, Ana in America, and my Family. I love you all so much. Feel better T! Hope you have a great week like I will! Welcome home Elder Andersen and Wilder! Love you and praying for you. 3 NEPHI 5:13

Love,

Elder Schroedter



Thanks so much Mom for the package! Love you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment