Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Can Only Do So Much

Something I have learned about life/mission life. We Have to do our part and God will make up the rest. I was thinking about the course of a mission. Two years can seem like a long time. A lot can be done in that time. But I have learned that what makes the two years is the importance of every single day. How do you build a house? How do you hike a mountain? How do you finish a race? One step at a time. About the perspective and your personal desire to every single day will make or break your mission. I have really learned that the awesome weeks that I have had is because I have had really good days. Small and simple things make the great things come to pass. We sometimes feel that we are inadequate, because we set so many goals but always fall short. Where did the in between part come in? Of actually accomplishing the goal? Why didn't we do it? Did we mess up setting the goal? What could have gone different? Basically I have been thinking about success and what we can do. I know that people are out there ready to accept the gospel. I have thought a lot about the commandments and mission rules. And in Proverbs, about trusting in God with all OUR HEART. Leaning not unto our own understanding and he shall direct our paths. What makes you trust someone you don't even know? You would never do it! The only reason you would trust someone is because you love them and know they will keep their promises and be true to their words. We have to know God, and then we will more readily trust Him. I have loved the most of my mission building my own testimony enough where no one can break it down. My study time in the morning is the best. I know God and trust him 100% All that is left is for me is to work my hardest, talk to the person walking towards me that I normally wouldn't because I know I will miss the bus that just went by. "Just do your best. It IS enough." He does not ask us to ever do more than we can handle. He knows me better than I know myself and loves me and will test me and try me, but will always provide me a way to do what he needs me to do. We have to do our best. That's all he asks for.

It was an awesome week this week. Elder Newton is such a good missionary. I like him a lot and we have met some really awesome people. We have had some really good lessons with Iulian. Used to live in Constanta, but is now living here in Bucharest. He has started reading from the Book of Mormon and is enjoying it a lot. We have met up with him a few times and I like him a lot.

Florin, is a really cool guy that has been in contact with the church off and on for 10 years. And he wants to be baptized this month. I like him a lot and feel really good about him. He came to church yesterday and is so ready to join. He just turned 18 and is so so ready.

Silvia was not baptized last week because she was gone on vacation. But she came to church this past Sunday and hoping to meet up with her soon! I hadn't been able to talk to her for 2 weeks and it was awesome to see her come into church yesterday.

I translated again for the Wolsey couple yesterday. Dang it. The member that usually translates, just sits there and gives me the mic. I am just like, no man. But dang it. He would just laugh and give it to me. UGH! But I am learning a lot and it's tough when people just read their talks at a 100 miles an hour. I love when missionaries talk the most. A lot easier and nicer. Elder Newton gave a good talk yesterday. And also the usual Sunday School teacher was gone in Oradea for a YSA conference. So, Elder Newton and I taught the class about tithing. And also I played the piano for the fifth Sunday lesson. AH! Branches need to function without missionaries! But I know it is the beginning stages here in Romania and it truly does humble me. I know it will be a huge powerhouse(Bucuresti espech) when I come back and visit in a few years down the road. We are doing what we do in the present to prepare for the future and the future is bright here in Romania. Might be some patches of thunderstorm, but the sun always comes.

Had some really good contacts on the streets, in the vilas and in the parcs. I enjoy missionary work a lot. Even with the rejection, I can handle and love it even more. Had a good discussion with Elder Newton about the temptings and kingdom of Satan. How his job is basically to stop the kingdom of God. And about Joseph Smith, why would Satan care if this church wasn't true? Why would he try and stop Joseph from praying? Why all the persecution? Why did Joseph never deny it? Because it was true. We simply just need to read the Book of Mormon and we will know that it is true. I know that it is true and that I am Christ's representative here in Bucuresti. I love to represent Him.

Read the Book of Mormon and you will have a good week.

Love,

Elder Schroedter


No comments:

Post a Comment