Monday, January 9, 2012

Finally Legal. Still Loving Arad. Best Companion Ever.‏

This past week was just great for me and my companion, Elder Hyatt. I love him so much and I just found out from my pops and also from Elder Hyatt's family that emailed him. That his uncle and my dad are two young men stake presidents and attend church at the same building in Katy/Richmond, Texas. A shout out to Herb Hyatt! You have a great nephew here in Romania! I love being with him and being able to serve side by side. He is a great missionary and I have lots to learn from him. I was his District Leader in Timisoara and now he is my District Leader here in Arad. :)
With it being transfers and with new missionaries getting their visas, I went down to Bucuresti to do that! Yay! Me and Elder Mikolyski were the only two that didn't get their visas about three transfers ago..maybe just two. But now we are finally legal. After getting visas, we didn't spend much time at all at the gara talking to people, although i really wanted to. Elder Hyatt and I went to a members home and had lunch there, took a nap actually there, we were so tired and not able to have sleepers (meaning we sat in chairs for the train ride and didn't have beds) for the train ride down from Arad. And took a much needed nap. haha on another more comfortable chair, not quite a bed, Elder Hyatt got the bed. And then after that we had a good visit with one of my favorite families I would meet with there in Bucuresti. And while I have been here in Arad, since leaving, missionaries after me were able to work with a part member family and completed the family with the father getting baptized last fall. And then another awesome visit with a family, little less active this past year and hesitant to let their son to get baptized. he wants to so bad and it was great to be able to visit with them and it was one of my most favorite lessons ever. And probably next year if the missionaries keep working with them, the little brother and older brother will get baptized. That was Wednesday. Then we slept the night at my future apartment. Then Thursday we had mission council and we had some really great discussions about working with the branch and of course being good examples for all the missionaries around the mission. I always love going to those, learn a lot, see lots of ways I can be better and try to give some input. Always my favorite day of the month for sure.
Then back here in Arad, Friday morning, it was a good day. Got some more sleep. Then visited a lot of members and cleaning up the branch list. It was fairly cold but not too bad. Saturday was a good day, English starting up again this next week, signs up this Saturday and a lot of the time we were giving out english cards and advertising for that. Had a really good visit with a few members here talking about missionary work and just seeing how they are doing. I love the members here in Arad and love visiting them in their houses. Had a good visit with a member, where we gave him copy of the Book of Mormon to give to a friend and for him to write a note in it before he gave it to him. He said he'd gladly do it. Probably my favorite member - Edy. 
Saturday night the Assistants came over to spend the night here, they are on interview tour across the west side of the country and Sunday morning...two weeks late. Christmas SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A couple inches on the ground, but we didn't walk to church, assistants took us.  Then me and Elder Hyatt shoveled and also swept snow. I had the broken snow shovel and elder hyatt was equipped with the well working broom. Reminded me of great times shoveling snow in Brasov with Elder Betteridge and Bateman. I bore my testimony in church and by the end of Sacrament meeting I thought I was about to pass out, during sunday school, I didn't teach thankfully, I was out the whole time, not quite asleep, but just eyes closed and resting if you know what I mean, and then during Priesthood, I was translating for Elder McFadden and my tiredness and aches went away somehow. But then after we got home, I was still dead, think combination, of being sick all this week, going to bed a little late, train rides, fasting, and working hard. Got more sick, but after lunch, had a much needed nap, felt better, then for the evening went back to the church (President and Sora Hill were both at church) and we had interviews with them and the Assistants. They went great. I love talking to President and Sora Hill. It was a great week. This week is going to be even better. I will be back to full health and I am still with the best companion ever. 
I love you Family! Happy Birthday Taryn! Take care everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment