Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pickleball in the middle of Winter?

So here in Arad, it has not snowed and stuck at all this winter! And not at all this year even (what the heck? two days in and no snow. I want snow!) For the past week it was pretty chilly, usually around freezing but today it warmed up to about 47-50 and being Sora Hickman's last Preparation Day here in Arad, we went and played Pickleball. And I say this humbly, I am pretty dang good at it. Sam, we'll have to play when I get back, I'll teach and then you'll become better than me, but that's ok. I'll still teach you. It was so much fun, feeling kinda sick, runny nose, and soar throat, it was good to get some movement and sports in. Elder Hyatt did pretty good. And Sora Cottam caught on quick and Sora Hickman did well. McFaddens are super good. I can't play anymore being comps with Elder McFadden because...ummm we dominate. haha I played two games with Sora McFadden....and uh we dominated. haha I love Pickleball. I am definitely going to keep playing back home and I'll start it up at...the University of Utah. And when I visit BYU I'll start it up there as well. (I love you Marissa. Just remember, friends close, enemies closer. My ways are not your ways.) Anyways. It was a great week for me and Elder Hyatt.
It is such a weird thing with getting him a week before the transfer that will happen this coming week. I feel like I have been with him forever! Can't believe Elder Olson is home! So for the transfer, I will be staying another here in Arad! Yay. 4 transfers. Crazy! December was a tough month for the zone but things are going to be plain sick this coming month of January. Got some great things planned for this zone and this city. Not a whole lot going for us right now, that doesn't mean anything for me! This transfer I'll be with Elder Hyatt. And a sister that left when I came to Arad, she'll be coming back to Arad, Sora Henrie, and she'll be with Sora Cottam. I was very surprised to see the McFaddens staying again here in Arad. haha (They'll probably stay here their whole mission.) It's going to be great. I am finally serving somewhat close to Elder Martin after 3 transfers, he'll be in Timi and Elder Mikolyski'll be in Deva (first time i'll be serving around him since arriving in the country)! I love transfer time. We do not have to go down to Bucuresti...oh but we do this week. I need to finally and officially be legal in this country. haha I'll be getting my visa and that is going to be a wonderful day, visiting members and hopefully former investigators, staying the night down there this wednesday and having zone leader council with the rest of the zone leaders, president, and sora, and the assistants. I hate that train ride (all I have to say) haha
This past week was great. New Year's was sick. With Elder Bateman last year, we just stayed inside almost all night, we were kinda out late visiting some members and investigators and as I remember, kinda lame, but had the best companion ever at new years time. haha, But this year, we were just at the McFaddens playing games and eating Hawaiian haystacks with the sisters, and then at midnight we walked over to the center of town and it was just gorgeous with the fireworks, and it was great because we were so close to the fireworks. about 15 meters away, maybe 10. And it was beautiful, I videoed it and hope it came out alright, took lots of pictures too. That was fun, crazy too with lots of crazy people out as you can imagine, but we all made it home safe and haha barely made it to church the next day for the hour. No way I was not sleeping in that day. 
With the holidays, we have had some fun searching out some lost sheep and just cleaning up the branch list. Tons of members that have moved and don't come anymore with different reasons and luckily, nearly all of them have been home and we have had some success with it. YAY! We have been working on that a little bit. It's hard to contact people on the streets, houses, and blocs being the holidays, but now they can't use that as an excuse. I still love street contacting the most. I loved it in Timisoara, not so much in Bucuresti but I love it so much. I love talking to people and especially the message and topic I get to talk to people about. The Gospel is a wonderful thing. Keep learning everyday and progressing forward and upward. This past week, Elder Hyatt had his first exchange up in Oradea, I loved it so much with Elder Taylor and Elder Hyatt was with Elder Jensen. We had some great success up there and even a second visit with a man in the park that came to church! Hopefully he'll go somewhere and they can keep meeting with him. 
Got a lot of mail in a package from Bucuresti. They needed to send some stuff up here to me and Elder McFadden, so they overnighted it.
Thank you so much for the letters and season's greetings Taryn * 2, my Family, Spencer, Wilder Family, Presidents Monson, Eyring, and Uchtforf (we write a lot), Laurel, Grandma and Grandpa Ross, Mom (rings made it), Jared and Kadee Ross, Katy Stake, Bachrachs * 2, and the Williams Family.

Thanks so much for the support and love. I love all of you and miss you. Take care of yourselves and be happy. And never forget it's a choice. Have joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment