Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Driving and Smoothies

It was just the best week of my mission! As every week happens to be the best week. hehe Elder Hyatt has grown a love for smoothies (bananas, strawberries, ice cream, ice, some sugar, and milk, and vanila). We invited the McFaddens over last night to enjoy them with us and we only had them including last night three times last week. Very delicious and fast. But anyways. It was a great week, because I got to be around my fellow missionaries. I decided that with apartment checks (McFaddens deal with that) and also with District Meetings, how we need to do at least one in each city every six weeks. We knocked out all 3 rabbits with a single bullet as they say here (or 3 birds with one stone). Lots of driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it all, Monday morning last week, we held our District Meeting. Elder Hyatt is my District Leader. And then Tuesday. Down to Timisoara District Meeting and back up to Arad. Awesome because they just finished the highway two land road from Timi to Arad and killed the travel time in nearly half. Then Wednesday. Up to Oradea. Longer drive, but the District Meeting went really well. And then Thursday off to Deva and that was a long drive. So many villages where you have to slow down. And I drove a lot of kilometers. But it was so worth it. The Meetings went great and apartments were checked.That was our morning for last week and then we got back to Arad and had some good days of work.
We really don't have a lot going for us right now. But we are loving working together and visiting members and just trying to talk to as many people as we can. And just finding ways to serve the people. I love the people so much here in Romania. And I love to be among them and to serve them. Everyday is simply great, it just depends how we view our days. Be positive and happy, don't worry about the things you can't control...uh because you can't do anything about it. But never let the things you can control get you down. Be happy. It is a choice. I am happy.

And I hope you are too. I love Arad, if I haven't mentioned that before. It's a great city. 



No comments:

Post a Comment