Monday, January 30, 2012

My President

This past week, we went on an exchange with the Deva Elders and it was a great time. I love both of those former companions. Elder Durand and Elder Mikolyski. Elder Durand and I were together. We had a great time together. I miss our transfer together, so young in Timisoara, and it was great in Deva. He is a great missionary and he has quite a full plate of problems and what not. But he is great and deals with it all with ease.
Here in Arad. Things are looking up. I love working with Elder Hyatt, we get along great and we help one another, and when I say we, I more mean he helps me every second of everyday. He is such a solid missionary and I am grateful to be with him. We met with a couple new investigators this past week, awesome people and curious about our message. English is going great. I love teaching it! I love the missionaries in the Zone. Thanks to Elder Mikolyski I love the game of "trucu" (for all you portuguese speakers, Chase did you every hear about that game?) The members here in Arad are the best. 
I have loved being here and serving the people. We want to serve people, not get as many baptisms as possible. Had a lot of chats with Elder Durand and Hyatt about success on our missions. And I know we have all seen success. It all depends on work ethic, how much are you really dedicated and want to be here. I feel some days I have really wanted it at all. I couldn't care less if the baptisms come. Other days that's all I dream about it. I am called here to simply serve people and help them. To invite them and love them. I can't force anyone and if I don't get baptisms, I still know I had the best mission ever full of success. I hate how missionaries, some have not had a single baptism and think they are bad missionaries. I think of all the missionaries I talk to, go on exchanges with, the people I meet. The members. The senior couples. Everyone you talk to, remember to be yourself. Be honest and laugh and have fun. Don't be fake. If you love them, let them know that. Don't be secretive. Be honest! The mission is a tough thing, but you can't get down on yourself. You have to be happy, and enjoy the journey. To do that. Love and serve the people. I am still working on it. I am surely not the best missionary...but...i'm pretty close. Just kidding. I have learned so much about life, people, myself and I love to keep on learning. I love the mission. It's all mental.
Dad. Forgive me. I had your day all highlighted and colored in my planner telling me it was your birthday. Just for the last three mondays I always forget to tell you Happy Birthday. I know I have forgotten a ton of other birthdays. Forgive me. Be happy everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment