Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow. Rain. Sunshine.

I brought two pairs of shoes on this mission. Both still survive...but there are very multiple states of survivors. With less than two legs...I am not sure how to say, but it is safe to say that both pairs are on there last legs. haha Yesterday, it snowed and snow was on the ground, few inches...but 3 hours later, the clouds parted and nearly all the snow melted with only a few exceptions where it was kept in the shadows all day. For the past month I have only been wearing one of my pairs, because the other one, although they are still wearable, are leaking water. So yesterday, I didn't sleep very well and hence was not thinking all too well and decided to wear the bad pair of shoes. Oh man it was bad, I was complaining the whole way on the way to the church, thanks for putting up with me comp! And by the time we get to the church, about a 13 minutes walk or so. My socks, ankle down, both feet are soaked, we were at church early about a half hour, so I go upstairs, grab a pair of sandals, and put my socks and shoes on a heater for the next twenty minutes. Got some funny comments from the members, when I was walking around in flip flops, saying hello, and right before church started just went back upstairs and put on not-so-much soaked shoes and socks. Church was great! Leaving church, we went to a nearby piata(market) and said hello to a member who works there. And then we went home, with my shoes letting in water, and once again my socks getting resoaked. Luckily we weren't caught in a storm or far away from home where I couldn't control the situation, but instead it was my choice, coould have controlled it and simply I chose to be smart and adventerous. Just like I always do.
With another week gone by. Me and Elder Hyatt are doing so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Arad. I love him. I love the members. I love the people. I love the country. And I love the future people that we will be finding...once again this week with our hard work and diligence. It was a tough week, but it was awesome at the same time. Monday it snowed. Made brownies and gave it to some members. Had a good visit at my favorite member here, Edy. He is trying to share the gospel nearly everyday with his wife, but slow and steady wins the race. He is solid and I always love going over there to visit him. Tuesday, also snowed again and we spent some time trying to figure out street boarding and talking to the Primarie and getting all that sorted out, good thing I know Romanian. Also had our first English class, went well, had a good spread in Beginners class and hopefully they come back Saturday, I thought it went well....after doing it for a year and a half, basically got it down. Still don't know English too well speaking it, but I know how to teach it. Then visited new member Ghita. He's doing great. Found a new job. And I always love visiting him.
Wednesday. Snowed in the evening time. Had a good visit with Banatean family. Some knocking on doors. And also, had my first split here in Arad with a member. I went with Edy and Elder Hyatt went with Elder McFadden. It went well, we tried to visit his friend, but he wasn't home and Elder Hyatt and McFadden got let in on two doors. Then we drove to Timisoara on the nice new road they just finished. Super quick and it wasn't icy at all.
Thursday. Best exchange ever with Elder Martin. I loved it a lot. Oh man, my heart goes out to him. There is so much going on in that city, and I wish I could be there and try to help. He just got there and he has so much he has to do now. Like a lot! It was great visiting with some members. A former investigator, and getting a new investigator. I love that city. Then for Friday. It rained...just about all day! it was a good day, although not a whole lot happened. Had good visit with some members.
Saturday. English went well. Spent some time in the park, then finished the night in the blocs. And Sunday was a good day as well.
The members here are great and that is basically what we are focusing on and also finding those are willing to listen.
Today for Preparation Day, we had a super fun Zone Pday where all the cities came to ME! Here in Arad and we played some Paintball. It was super fun. I was aching and it was fun to shoot everyone...on and off my team. And awesome price too! Thanks so much Daniel, you are the best!

Yesterday, taught the Gospel Principles class and it was really great, got talking about God and his love for us. Why so much happens to me? Why now? Why me? And basically the answer. Don't worry about it. God knows what we need. We need to trust in Him - a very hard thing to do sometimes. In the end, everything will be ok, if it's not ok, it's not the end.

Take care everyone and know that God Loves YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment